I just updated my Storm and another one to the new os. After the update when I plug in my phone it shows up as "removable disk k" and "removable disk g" in my computer. It use to show up as blackberry smart phone. It wont show up in rhapsody now unless I put it in mass storage mode. I can't transfer songs in mass storage mode. The other phone works fine and still shows up on rhapsody and transfers and plays songs. The memory settings are the same on both. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just to let you know I updated to 5.0 and it does this on both my xp desktop and vista laptop.
    Last edited by tyokum; 11-11-09 at 08:08 PM.
    11-11-09 07:49 PM
    11-11-09 08:09 PM
    good info ... i was looking for this
    11-11-09 08:34 PM
    That seemed to get me closer. I now have just one removable drive showing up. I tried reinstalling the blackberry driver with no luck. Any other suggestions?
    11-11-09 11:32 PM
    On my Storm, if I plug it in, and hit back when it asks me if I want to activate mass storage mode, it shows as a '9530' in my computer, with subfolders 'removable disk'. If I hit yes, it shows the 2 mass storage devices. I've been wondering myself why it does this, but I manage my music manually.
    compression: on
    MC Support: on
    MTP: on
    Mass Storage Support: on
    Enable mass storage support on connect: prompt
    I've got the new OS.
    11-11-09 11:40 PM
    Its strange. The other phone we have works fine after we upgraded. I have the same settings on both.
    11-11-09 11:43 PM
    So you can't see one of the memory drives? Sounds like a driver, but yet you've reinstalled that. Have you tried to running Desktop Manager before and during plugging the phone in? My XP won't see my Storm unless DM is running.
    11-11-09 11:47 PM
    So now I'm back to 2 removable disk drives. I tried it with blackberry manager with no success. I deleted everything on my phone and reset the default settings with no luck. I'm very confused.
    11-12-09 12:30 AM
    I've tried switching the memory cards in the phones and that didn't work either.
    11-12-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD