I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I checked about 5 pages back and saw no threads discussing it so I'm going to start a new one, apologies for those who don't like it.

How long is the Storm's Verizon contract? Also what are the probable companies that will pick up the storm once that original contract is over?
    12-26-08 10:50 PM
    You will not be seeing the storm on any other US carriers ever. It's a lifetime exclusive.
    12-26-08 10:54 PM
    Actually Rogers in Canada will be releasing a version of the STORM called the 9520 quite soon. Not too much work on other carriers yet though.
    12-26-08 10:54 PM
    Rogers isn't a US carrier Crackis, so at this time RIM is staying with a lifetime VZW exclusive within the US
    12-26-08 11:02 PM
    so do you prefer us cell over VZW or something?
    12-26-08 11:36 PM
    so do you prefer us cell over VZW or something?
    Closest Verizon store is an hour away, actually getting the service wouldn't be an issue, since US Cell and Verizon share towers, but the drive for any type of issues would be quite an inconvience, plus I need to keep my number and according to Verizon they will not let me keep my number since it has a different area code than the store I would be purchasing from.

I have heard some rumors of a Verizon takeover of US Cell, is there any truth to that?
    12-27-08 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD