I have an IS which I haven't put on yet because my dad was not happy with his and ended up taking it off. But looking through a thread I saw that the Storm screen is scratch proof - is that true??

What is the best screen protector? I have heard good things about the Verizon screen protectors.
    12-10-08 08:43 AM
    It seems to be scratch resistant. You could always test it out for us and let us know what you find though
    12-10-08 08:47 AM
    That is ok - I will take someone else's word for it
    12-10-08 08:48 AM
    12-10-08 08:49 AM
    The screen is glass,it might pop out before it scratches.
    12-10-08 08:51 AM
    I have an IS which I haven't put on yet because my dad was not happy with his and ended up taking it off. But looking through a thread I saw that the Storm screen is scratch proof - is that true??

What is the best screen protector? I have heard good things about the Verizon screen protectors.
    It is not scratch proof...trust me. Buy a screen protector.
    12-10-08 09:06 AM
    Highly resistent to scratches, but you know the old saying...

Better Safe Than Sorry
    12-10-08 09:11 AM
    Highly scratch resistant, but definitely not scratch proof. However, because of this I would say it doesn't really matter what brand of screen protector you buy. I actually still have the factory one on... but I bought the Verizon ones for backup. I'm not too worried about it to be honest.
    12-10-08 09:14 AM
    Did you even search before creating this thread?

There is a video of a guy taking his key to the screen.
    12-10-08 09:17 AM
    IT'S GLASS!!!
    12-10-08 09:17 AM
    IMO I like IS for the body, but would use another protecter for the screen.

I like the orange peel on the body to improve grip, but not on the screen so when i replace my screen protecter I'll get a Ghost Armor.
    12-10-08 09:18 AM
    Did you even search before creating this thread?

There is a video of a guy taking his key to the screen.
    Did you even read the thread before posting? Already stated.
    12-10-08 09:19 AM
    There is actual a video demo on the home page, and a thread with a video demo..... I'm new to crackberry, but I do know the search tool is my friend.
    12-10-08 09:21 AM
    Hahaha! Oh man I seriously lol'd at this.
    12-10-08 09:27 AM
    I used the GA Screen Protector and it's nearly invisible! Minimal to non-existent orange peal, and no noticeable sensitivity reduction. Used only the GA Side shields on the body for grip and this thing rocks!
    12-10-08 09:36 AM
    What don't people understand about glass?

Glass is not scratch-proof. Glass SCRATCHES!

So people have made videos out there of a bunch of keys jumbled around in a plastic container and the phone came out without a scratch. Who cares... I dare you to take some sand from your pocket and rub that all over the glass and see what happens.

Happy Scratching... (those without screen protectors)
    12-10-08 09:41 AM
    What don't people understand about glass?

Glass is not scratch-proof. Glass SCRATCHES!

So people have made videos out there of a bunch of keys jumbled around in a plastic container and the phone came out without a scratch. Who cares... I dare you to take some sand from your pocket and rub that all over the glass and see what happens.

Happy Scratching... (those without screen protectors)
    I don't recall anyone saying not to use a screen protector...
    12-10-08 09:48 AM
    Yea I did. The thing is, I opened the thread and it had zero replies. So I replied. You replied while I had it open. See how that works? Since I didn't refresh before I replied, I didn't see your reply....

Also you made no mention of a video. As far as he is concerned your reply is just another person saying something. There is an actual video of the screen being keyed. The video means more than you could ever type.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-10-08 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment
    12-10-08 09:48 AM
    I don't recall anyone saying not to use a screen protector...
    No, but the implication is there that one isn't needed and I'm SURE that there are people out there without them now that the videos have shown that they are resistant to scratching.

The screen is glass,it might pop out before it scratches.
    IT'S GLASS!!!
    12-10-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD