I was wondering is is possible to tighten a loose screen on a storm. Mine is not too bad but has loosened a bit since i first got it a month an half ago. It
    clicks great just a bit concerned it gets worse. BTW love the phone even if im still on .75.
    03-04-09 09:36 PM
    yeah mine is kinda loose too
    03-04-09 09:49 PM
    I would do a quick search for "a different solution to screen click problem"

you take off the battery cover, (phone off), and use a t-6 torx to tighten/loosen the two screws towards the sides. one is under the red sticker, the other is opposite of that.

i used an eyeglass repair screwdriver, only loosened the uncovered screw and it clicks great! so much better than "stock"

Word of Caution: I would loosen/tighten in very small increments (as you'll read in the thread linked below), as small changes make a dramatic difference.

EDIT: here's the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/
    Last edited by dmahoney94; 03-04-09 at 10:55 PM.
    03-04-09 10:50 PM
    Thanks for the reply but the clicking is great. Only the screen wobbles a bit. I know its normal for some movment but it is more than what it was when I first got it and I'm afraid it might get worse.
    03-05-09 10:37 PM
    I was wondering is is possible to tighten a loose screen on a storm. Mine is not too bad but has loosened a bit since i first got it a month an half ago. It
    clicks great just a bit concerned it gets worse. BTW love the phone even if im still on .75.
    Its really normal I think. It has to be that way because the screen is really just a giant button/key and needs to pivot around in order to click properly. Mine is brand new and wobbles a bit, its totally normal.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-05-09 at 11:48 PM.
    03-05-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD