05-05-10 09:43 AM
- ive searched all over the internet and haven't found the answer to my problem. I bought the storm 9530 off of craigslist and it is unlocked on tmobile. My screen has been acting up a lot lately. Like I'll press n and it shows I'm pressing l and it stays stuck there so the next letters I press will only be l and same with other letters. And when I try to press a letter it doesn't work. The weirdest thing is that I don't have to click on the screen to type something. Its really frustrating and I cant txt or even make a phone call sometimes. I've tried everything, battery pulls, the paper behind the battery, and fixing the screws and nothing works. I also tried going back to the 126.96.36.199 os and its still acting up. I don't know what to do anymore. Plz help !!!!05-02-10 07:02 PM
- If you don;t have to click the screen to type, something tells me that the screws may be WAY to tight, or you might be using too much paper. But as for the real issue of the screen being stuck on a certain letter may require you to buy a new screen for your storm if an OS change didn't solve the issue for you. Did the previous owner drop it in water before selling it??05-02-10 07:17 PM
- I don't know if the guy I bought it from dropped it in water, but cosmetically it was in mint condition. Ive had it since early march and it just started acting up. I took out the paper, so I know it isn't because of that, and I doubt its because of the screws either because I tightened them all the way and then loosened them to see if the tightness would make a difference and nothing. That's why I'm completely lost...05-02-10 07:51 PM
- ive had the same problems. once about 4 months ago and i phoned my service provider. they suggested saving all my data on my laptop and then restoring the berry to factory. this seemed to work until today. how does a person loosen or tighten the screws? i cant find them05-03-10 07:36 PM
- I put everything back to the factory settings and that didn't work for me either. When you take off the battery cover there are two screws. I can't post the link to the thread, but just search for storm screen fix problem, and its the first one titled Screen fix problem torx fix.05-03-10 09:37 PM
- ok i brought my storm off ebay ,the phone worked good until 2 months later i got the web and now its freezing up anr my screen wont light up anymore. i can see the light through the hard keys....i did the screw thing. i had a corrupted memory card ,got rid of it , could that have been my problem?. is that why my screen dont work?05-04-10 05:31 PM
- ah well - exactly the same issues here. And my storm hasnt been anywhere near water for sure... The frustrating thing is that it works intermittently, so it obviously CAN be fixed. And there is no way to predict when it will work and when it wont - it is completely random.
I've tried all the fixes and am totally stumped. There has to be a fix for this!!!05-05-10 06:58 AM
- have noticed that the lower right/left corners of my screen are often "sticky" and when I click on them they seem slightly unresponsive unless i push down and then i hear a "click". I also notice that my screen moves quite a bit up/down & left/right.
Other forums have mentioned that these issues can be fixed with a "piece of paper/business card" but i don't feel that i should have to correct it in this manner.
Further forums seem to indicate that it may be a hardware defect related to the model 19502 and that a new model 21009 has this corrected.05-05-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD