phone is still on and vibrates when its called, but the screen is completely black, but still glows when you press it

you can shut the phone on and off wtih the power button still but the screen is just all black

ive done several battery pulls and nothing happens

has anyone heard of this, is there anything I can do to fix it? thanks!
    12-02-09 07:56 PM
    This seems to be a common problem. Take it back to Verizon for a replacement. I had the same thing happen to mine last July.
    12-02-09 08:45 PM
    replacement. had that issue too.
    12-02-09 09:55 PM
    thx, ill go to the store tomm, just backed up all my contacts..
    12-02-09 10:07 PM
    Just a shot in the dark, but toggle the lock switch on/off a few/bunch of times and see if it wakes it it up.
    12-02-09 10:53 PM
    Happened to me as well. I have only had my storm since August this year, screen went blank a couple weeks ago. Tried several battery pulls, toggled lock, tried whatever I could think of, nothing worked. Took it back to Verizon, tech looks at it, says "Well, I can tell you didn't drop it", orders me a replacement. I got a refurb in 2 days loaded with latest OS. I must say, the replacement works better than the original I had. Screen clicks much better in corners & is consistent. Free memory is higher than I had with original after upgrade to latest OS, even though I restored the exact same apps.
    12-03-09 01:45 AM
    they gave me a new one today and its is 100x better then the original one, they dindt give me any problems at all about giving me a new one
    12-03-09 02:41 PM
    My screen goes blank every once in a while, just for like 2 or 3 seconds. Only happens when after the screen turns off after inactivity, and I touch the screen to turn it on and its blank, but it comes back. Could that be a sign its starting to fail? I've had my storm since June.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD