Anyone else suffered this problem. It is really starting to annoy me. Ill try and describe it the best I can.

For example if my phone is turned on and I use it or look at something on no problems. Then when it goes into screensaver/standby mode? where before a quick tap to the screen or one of the buttons would light up the screen again ready to use it just now stays black and i have to wait about 30 seconds for it to come on.

Its the same if its in the holster/my pocket i hear it beep to say i have an email/message take it out and again have to wait for the screen to come on.

Any way of fixing this? Has anyone else experienced it?

It also seems to be lagging a bit. If im not mistaken this appears to have come about since the battery ran down completely as I was at work and had forgot to charge it and didn't have my charger. It is now fully charged.

HELP!!!
    08-06-09 01:32 PM
    Mine does that, mainly when taking it out of holster. The loading icon in middle of phone like on reboot. I alway do a quick pull or a battery pull its seems to help. Not sure but think it is a memory issue. normally after a reboot it acts fine
    08-06-09 01:44 PM
    I hate when that happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 01:48 PM
    Its a storm what do you think is going to happen. But try a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 01:51 PM
    It should not be doing that. You should first check to see if it's a software related issue. Do a battery pull (or use the QuickPull app if you have it). If that doesn't resolve the issue then try reloading the OS on your phone. If you are still having issues then it's most likely a hardware issue. You may have to take it to your carrier to resolve the issue.
    08-06-09 01:52 PM
    I hope its not a hardware issue as it was bought from ebay.

Whats the best way of reloading the operating system? Would it be because I have too many applications on there?

Not got that many, shazam, google maps, quickpull, viigo, facebook, hrs hotels couple of others. Is it worth deleting some.
    08-06-09 01:56 PM
    if you have .141 it may be that when a phone is locked, it no longer responds to a bump of the screen. Get autolock (free) and get used to using the lock button. If it still lags like this, then you have a bigger issue. Try to reload OS
    08-06-09 01:58 PM
    What OS are you running? I hope its .148 or .151 anything else would be uncivilized.
    08-06-09 01:59 PM
    v4.7.0.141 is that the operating system?

Where can I get autolock?
    08-06-09 02:04 PM
    I would suggest upgrading to .148 or .151, those operating systems are more stable. I remember when I upgraded to .148 the performance was outstanding. Same with .151. Did your BlackBerry come with the desktop manager? If not, you can download it from the BlackBerry website. The desktop manager mantains the data on your phone including apps and the operating system. You can update the operating system with that. I'm not sure if it will be different since you are on a different carrier. I'm just speaking from Verizon experience.
    08-06-09 02:13 PM
    Im actually in the UK I am using an o2 sim card on an unlocked vodafone storm.

Are those operating systems ok to use on my phone as its unlocked?
    08-06-09 02:15 PM
    Yes. You should probably upgrade to .151. There's a forum here that gives very detailed step by step instructions on how to install it. It's not carrier specific but rather released by RIM themselves. The instructions are written by CrackBurglar. Look him up and you'll find his forum.
    08-06-09 02:18 PM
    I see you also have a 9500, not a 9530. I don't think that should make a difference but I'd check to make sure.
    08-06-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD