I was driving and for some reason when my storm hit direct sunlight i started to see the light inside the screen somewhat flickering in the background. Anyone else had this? N e reason to be concerned?

Auto dim is also turned off

Thanks
    04-02-09 07:27 PM
    I happened to notice this today on my storm too. It happened just after I installed Poynt via app world. Probably unrelated, but I never saw it do that before. Also, it was a crappy overcast day in Columbus, so mine was not in direct sunlight when it happened.
    04-02-09 08:19 PM
    never had that issue, but earlier today my backlight would not turn off. had to turn phone off and back on. SOOOOOOOOOO MANY BUGS!!!
    04-02-09 08:21 PM
    I noticed this yesterday while I was sitting outside in the sun...
    04-02-09 08:21 PM
    I've seen mine do that randomly on the various OS's I've been using. It either stops on its own, or a battery pull always fixes it.

I haven't been able to figure out a cause though.
    04-02-09 08:22 PM
    No.

It's a known bug for the OS and is supposedly corrected in later operating systems that will hopefully become available shortly.
    04-02-09 08:23 PM
    I should add that today, my backlight dimmed (not off, just dimmed) (while browsing) and would not light back up to a readable level when I touched the screen (or clicked)! I had to close the web browser, re-open it, and try again. It was not the auto-dimming feature (was turned off, plus I was in sunlight so the screen would not have dimmed anyway).

Any ideas?
    04-02-09 08:23 PM
    My guess it's not the hardware... Likely the OS not dealing with light sensor readings properly in bright conditions. You can view the raw sensor readings by running the diagnostic program. I forget exactly how you do it but you simply type "test" at one of the option screens. The sensor reading will vary from in the 100s to single digits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:14 PM
    My phone did this last week with .75 and I took it to Verizon and they sent me a Phone. Mine would flicker bright then dark depending on how you held the phone and time of day did not matter.
    04-02-09 09:26 PM
    Mine did this back in January while I was in my car..I guess its the sunlight and i'm running .76
    04-02-09 09:29 PM
    it happens because the storms screen is designed to brighten in sunlight or glare to give a clearer picture. sometimes it doesn't know which one so it "flickers" but lol its funny when this happens but idk if it is a known bug or not...
    04-02-09 09:51 PM
    yeah its the little light sensor thats hidden where the led light is. when in the sun is can go a little crazy sometimes
    04-02-09 10:31 PM
    So I can get a new Storm for this reason? Mine do the same all the time out in the sun. Maybe I can take it to the store during the day, show the rep and get a new Storm?
    04-02-09 11:01 PM
    So I can get a new Storm for this reason? Mine do the same all the time out in the sun. Maybe I can take it to the store during the day, show the rep and get a new Storm?
    Maybe, but realize that your new one will most likely do the exact same thing. The issue described in this thread is not caused by faulty hardware (unless of course you're having a different problem with similar symptoms).
    04-03-09 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD