Hello everyone, seems as of recently my storm screen clicking has started going downhill fast. I first noticed it a couple weeks ago in the bottom left corner and now it is getting much more difficult to click around any of the border's on the screen. I have insurance, but would really like to avoid filing a claim if at all possible. What is the replacement process like? I have seen a couple threads with people getting phones as replacements that are even worse than the phone they were trying to get replaced. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also, is there a way now or possibly in the future the option to not even use the click feature? Like on Opera mini, where it's just touch screen? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    07-11-09 11:25 AM
    1st 30 days>new / after>refurb (certified good as new). Suggest u go into store n test click & call quality even if new. I got a great refurb.
    07-11-09 11:55 AM
    Do a search here on clicking screen problems for the Storm. There are so many suggestions from a business card in the back to adjusting screws to felt pad in the back to improve the screen clicking.
    07-11-09 11:57 AM
    thanks for the advice guys. I actually got my storm during launch last year, and was very happy(until now) that I hadn't had the screen click problems. I was here during the initial downpoor of screen click problems at launch..haha. Unfortunately, it's now happening to mine.

Honestly, I dont want to use any trick to get it to work as intended in fears of them not honoring the insurance/warranty. The closest corporate store to me is about an hour and a half away, so visiting a store is almost out of the question. I might call CS and see what they have to say. Would I have to send them the phone and do w/o waiting for a replacement?

I'm not even sure why I have the insurance on the phone to be honest. A couple years ago my phone was stolen and I tried to get a replacement. They required a police report(I was in the Army and it was stolen out of my room in the barraks) and the MP's would not grant a report on stolen property in rooms unless it was secured in a wall or foot locker. In which, it must have shown signs of forced entry. I guess it was my fault I had to be next to the phone at all times during times of needed battery charging..lol. Have things changed in the past 3yrs w/ cell phone insurance?
    07-11-09 12:13 PM
    I got my phone the day it came out also and haven't had a problem until about a month ago...my screen would click but wouldnt highlight anymore so i brought it to the store and within 10 minutes i had a new phone (refurb i assume) but works great. As i told them my story, they looked as if it happen all the time and told me it wasnt my fault (usually its the other way around) ...no i don;t have insurance
    07-11-09 12:20 PM
    Storm warranty is good for 1 year. If u get replacement by mail u'll return original afterward.

Call VZW @ 1800 922 0204

BTW if u get bb mini extended charger + standard battery u can keep phone w/u & functional @ all times.

Available u guessed it @ ShopCB.
    07-11-09 12:28 PM
    My click lasted only a week before I started having problems with it. Read somewhere someone suggested sticking a dime under the battery and it works amazingly well. I tried using paper like others have done and it didn't do jack :P
    07-11-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD