The screen is just black with the red blinking light. I took my phone to verizon and they replaced it with a Blackberry Tour (which is what I wanted), but verizon, and myself, were both unable to get access to my old phone in order to pull off the contact list. If someone could help me save my contact list off my old blackberry I would be forever in their debt.

Feel free to reply here or message me on aim, my screen name is kazyflipz.

Thanks in advance.
    12-02-09 06:22 PM
    First thing to try is plug the storm in to your computer via usb. Hopefully its just the screen fried and not the phone itself. If that's the case it should initiate a backup automatically, or you can manually start one.

Failing that, were you using an app like MiQ or smrtguard? If so those apps have your contacts backed up OTA.

If these things fail, try going to the OS forum and look for the thread on restoring a bricked BB. It is fairly simple, and there is a good chance you have a perfectly working storm there that is just bricked.

Good luck.
    12-02-09 10:11 PM
    12-03-09 07:55 AM
    I'd ask if the Verizon techs wouldn't suggest some things to try, but seeing as I just walked out of a Verizon store with a non-functioning smart phone (my daughter's HTC) that they left up to me to fix, I'll assume they were just as helpful to you.
    12-03-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD