10-27-08 05:28 AM
    Is it out for personal use yet? As much as I would love to get that phone but Ill probably wait a few years till I get that phone. That person is selling a phone that is not even in their possession. May have one for their personal use but to sell is still on the way.

"I will ship the phone as soon as it arrives."

Something to worry about? I dunno probably not but if he is ordering it from another country could there be issues in customs?
    10-27-08 05:53 AM
    Is it out for personal use yet? As much as I would love to get that phone but Ill probably wait a few years till I get that phone. That person is selling a phone that is not even in their possession. May have one for their personal use but to sell is still on the way.

"I will ship the phone as soon as it arrives."

Something to worry about? I dunno probably not but if he is ordering it from another country could there be issues in customs?
    Looks pretty dodgy to me!
    10-27-08 05:56 AM
    "I will ship the phone as soon as it arrives.

I can not guarentee the phone will work with anouther carrier when unlocked

The phones come directly from RIM in Canada.

I will not send a picture of the phone with your name because there are too many crooks on the net, if my picture is not good enough dont buy the phone."

Uhhh ? Will ship as soon as it arrives....yet no date given by the buyer (I assume that'll be mid november). Weird auction...despite the fact that the guy has 111 feedbacks, 100% positive, I wouldn't bid on it.
    10-27-08 05:56 AM
    "I will ship the phone as soon as it arrives.

I can not guarentee the phone will work with anouther carrier when unlocked

The phones come directly from RIM in Canada.

I will not send a picture of the phone with your name because there are too many crooks on the net, if my picture is not good enough dont buy the phone."

Uhhh ? Will ship as soon as it arrives....yet no date given by the buyer (I assume that'll be mid november). Weird auction...despite the fact that the guy has 111 feedbacks, 100% positive, I wouldn't bid on it.
    Doesn't this auction break the eBay rule that states the seller has to actually physically have the product in hand at the time of listing?
    10-27-08 05:58 AM
    Doesn't this auction break the eBay rule that states the seller has to actually physically have the product in hand at the time of listing?
    I do think that there is such a policy, so he's clearly violating it. I've seen this way too many times trading/buying/selling...seller doesn't have product in hand, someone pays, seller has trouble acquiring item, seller has trouble refunding buyer...that's usually how it turns out anyway
    10-27-08 06:03 AM
    This was posted the other day, and has been reported via Ebay.
    10-27-08 07:21 AM
    This was posted the other day, and has been reported via Ebay.
    Hasn't caused eBay to remove his listing though. Only 13 hrs left and some 950 dollars in bids
    10-27-08 08:47 AM
    When i clicked on the link it said the auction for the item had ended. However there is a link to another storm with an identical auction description. I'm assuming that the original was taken down and he put it back up under a different auction
    10-30-08 10:45 AM
    Many threads about these already.
    10-30-08 10:48 AM
    HOLY CR** Some ***** dropped $3050 dollars on a phone what a d-bag....
    10-30-08 12:50 PM
    HOLY CR** Some ***** dropped $3050 dollars on a phone what a d-bag....
    Yea I bet they are pissed. You can buy them for about $700 - $900 bucks via buy it now Storm, Cell Phones Smartphones, Email Access items on eBay.com
    10-30-08 01:08 PM
    Ebay has a policy that you can presell if it is within 30 days of being in your possesion.
    10-30-08 02:06 PM
    This guy maybe FUBAR if they don't release until the end of Nov.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 02:19 PM
    Um...yeah. Who fell off the turnip truck and got ran over by the stupid tires?
    10-30-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD