Hello BB user ummm I'm about to go to bed hopefully some1 can have something written down before tomorrow.

My mother works for verizon (im only 17 so please dont freak about my typing) she tells me that there is a way to turn your bb storm into a router iz that possible if so please tell me how and leave directions or a link Thanks.
    04-13-09 11:06 PM
    i think you mean tethering your phones modem, and sharing that internet with your phoone. If your mother works with verizon, then she should know its $15 a month extra. Im confused as to what your age has to do with literacy. your acknowledging that you are typing like an illiterate person, and yet you want us to accept you, LOL
    04-13-09 11:10 PM
    If your mother is willing to pay for it... vzam.net Download VZ Access manager and your set to go. Just plug in your phone and you have tethering. If it's not set up, install the software and it will guide you through.
    04-13-09 11:17 PM
    I was writing term papers at that age. It took you more effort to write that sentence than to use proper English.
    04-13-09 11:18 PM
    i think you mean tethering your phones modem, and sharing that internet with your phoone. If your mother works with verizon, then she should know its $15 a month extra. Im confused as to what your age has to do with literacy. your acknowledging that you are typing like an illiterate person, and yet you want us to accept you, LOL
    Employee's get 50% off pretty much everything... Indirect agents get most things for free.
    "Routers" are for splitting a broadband connection for your use...for computers, laptops, handhelds, etc. Not used with a 9350 BB Storm.

Most people use WIFI...a wireless connection, which is usually controlled by a router. The 9350 STORM doesn't have WIFI...already connects wirelessly via Verizon....

Now if you want to connect your pc to the internet using the Storm as a "tether" (a connecting device) you can...Verizon will charge you for that priviledge.

Hope this helps
    with VZAM you can enable ICS settings and use an ethernet to plug your laptop to another pc or xbox or whatever, i used it to update the dashboard on my 360 and download some updates for games...but be careful with the overages over 5GB. i'd recommend against it unless you HAVE to. but it is possible. and thanks for keeping the 1337 spelling to a minimum for us, n00b
    04-13-09 11:20 PM
    Well then is there a free way to tether my Storm.
    04-13-09 11:58 PM
    Do Not Use Any Service Besides The Verizon Wireless Service. They Will Find Out And Charge You For Every Kb Of Information Sent To And From The Network. It Could Possibly Endanger Your Mother's Job As Well!!! Heed My Warning Child!!!
    04-14-09 12:00 AM
    lol thanks
    04-14-09 12:04 AM
    Im confused as to what your age has to do with literacy. your acknowledging that you are typing like an illiterate person, and yet you want us to accept you, LOL
    Pot, kettle, black.

OP, there's an app called Tetherberry available as an alternative to Verizon's feature.
    04-14-09 12:06 AM
    ^^^
    THE APP TETHERBERRY IS THY DOOM!!!

seriously, hella peeps on here tried to cop some free internets and got slammed on their bills. it isn't worth it, get a job and pay the extra $30 (maybe $15 for you due to employee account) and stay within the 5GB. just curious but do you not have internet or something?
    04-14-09 12:08 AM
    it is one thing to make an honest error here and there, we all make them, but to type like that on purpose is just stupidity, Not to mention there is a spell checker in this very text box.
    04-14-09 12:20 AM
    Pot, kettle, black.

OP, there's an app called Tetherberry available as an alternative to Verizon's feature.
    Haha I was going to comment on that post but I was beat to it.
    04-14-09 12:24 AM
    Alex I bet you never get laid you nerd asshple

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:25 AM
    ROFL! Your right im a nerd for being literate, please keep your posts to a minimum and dont infect us with your stupidity.
    04-14-09 12:35 AM
    Has anybody tried it? if so can you put an example or any steps on how to set it up.
    04-14-09 01:09 AM
    Do Not Use Any Service Besides The Verizon Wireless Service. They Will Find Out And Charge You For Every Kb Of Information Sent To And From The Network. It Could Possibly Endanger Your Mother's Job As Well!!! Heed My Warning Child!!!
    Not so true, I tested TetherBerry and did not get charged a cent extra for data usage, off course I didn't go crazy and downloaded torrents or abused the service.

If you are going to tether your device, you shouldn't use it as your main connection but as a backup and on the go.
    04-14-09 01:12 AM
    I wish I could reply "LOL" here, but unfortunately there is a word minimum on the replies. dang.

Tethered device internet is not so subtle as you might think little dude. It chows the battery, makes it hot, and so forth, which is fine if you dont have other means of Internet access.
    04-14-09 01:58 AM
    There is a wireless router available that can allow multiple wi-fi computers, phones, etc to use your 3G data connection, but I think they run about $200. Company is called Cradle Point. I imagine you'd get on VZW's bad side pretty quickly with going over your data cap though if you're not careful!
    04-14-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD