Looks like our gsm neighbors to the north might have a suprise heading their way sooner than they think.

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/10/confirmed-blackberry-storm-coming-rogers-christmas/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 04:10 PM
    Looks like our gsm neighbors to the north might have a suprise heading their way sooner than they think.

Confirmed: BlackBerry Storm coming to Rogers before Christmas! | BlackBerry Cool

Wow...hope springs eternal....if true, this is welcome news...but I guess not totally unexpected because a) the more I thought about it the more I found it hard to believe that Uncle Ted wouldn't jump on this and b) Crucial hinted that it would come to Rogers in the next months....
    10-15-08 04:29 PM
    I hope it turns out to be true, gives us att users a little more hope of grabbing one of these just a little bit easier.

10-15-08 04:31 PM
    I have said it was going to Rogers all along.
    10-15-08 04:39 PM
    Now if we can just get you to confirm if we're ever gonna see it on att *wink* *wink*

10-15-08 04:46 PM
    I have said it was going to Rogers all along.
    So true....I'm ashamed that I gave up hope so easily...
    10-15-08 04:51 PM

Confirmed: BlackBerry Storm coming to Rogers before Christmas! | BlackBerry Cool

Looks like BGR has its doubts about this info (and does a little hating on the storm's lack of wifi in the process). Here's the link (and text for those too uninspired to click over):

BlackBerry Storm headed to Rogers for Christmas? : Boy Genius Report

There�s a rumor floating around the interweb that the BlackBerry Storm is headed to Rogers in time to be placed under the Christmas tree of thousands of Canadians. The rumor, based upon a phone call to a Customer Service Rep who said very confidently that there will be a touch screen BlackBerry for sale soon on Canada�s only GSM network, has some major flaws to it.

1) The Storm doesn�t have the 850/1900 MHz bands of HSDPA, something which Rogers insists all new flagship smartphones they carry have.

2) No Wi-Fi is a huge failure, especially because of the lack of 3G. Would you have thought twice about buying the original iPhone if it lacked Wi-Fi? $20 says you would have.

3) A customer service rep� Seriously? Remember the time they told you that you would get a $50 credit mailed out with your next bill as an �I�m sowwy� for an error they made? Bet you�re still waiting on that one.

Just to cover some BGR ***, if this rumor does pan out, it would be a failure of epic proportions for Rogers. It�d be like them releasing the first generation iPhone instead of the iPhone 3G.
    10-15-08 09:10 PM
    Seems like all he does now is slam anything that isn't apple or att branded. I swear he's becoming a real primadonna.

Last edited by Madscotsman; 10-16-08 at 06:57 AM.
    10-16-08 05:49 AM
    Wouldn't a Rogers 9500 Version be the same as the Voda 9500 version...don't those both support GSM 3g?
    10-16-08 06:57 AM
    I'm no techie but I think it has something to do with the mHz, which is different on Rogers.

I know its too soon but what I'd really like to know is how will Rogers' network speed compare to that of Telus & Bell. Are all 3G and the same?
    10-16-08 09:18 AM
    "Saw your post and you’re right, the customer service representative made a mistake. As you know, I won’t comment in advance on what our holiday lineup has in store, but I can confirm it does not include the BlackBerry Storm."

Confirmed: Rogers Wireless will not carry the BlackBerry Storm : Boy Genius Report

not happening
    10-16-08 06:34 PM
    "Saw your post and you�re right, the customer service representative made a mistake. As you know, I won�t comment in advance on what our holiday lineup has in store, but I can confirm it does not include the BlackBerry Storm."

Confirmed: Rogers Wireless will not carry the BlackBerry Storm : Boy Genius Report

not happening
    oh crap....oh well, now to decide....Vodaphone or Telus?
    10-16-08 08:09 PM
    "Saw your post and you�re right, the customer service representative made a mistake. As you know, I won�t comment in advance on what our holiday lineup has in store, but I can confirm it does not include the BlackBerry Storm."

not happening
    This fits with what I heard from another possible Rogers Employee: "i work for rogers and we got a memo saying it should be arriving late jan or early feb"

If you notice, the spokesperson said the HOLIDAY lineup does not include the Storm. That doesn't mean it's not coming to Rogers later.

One would think BG would have been smart enough to catch the wording.
    10-16-08 09:05 PM
    it also labeles it as the 'storm' when we have indications that the GSM 9500 will be labeled 'thunder'
    10-17-08 12:07 AM
    it also labeles it as the 'storm' when we have indications that the GSM 9500 will be labeled 'thunder'
    I thought the thunder name was dead everywhere...Voda is a Storm...
    10-17-08 06:48 AM
    10-17-08 07:05 AM
    From BGR: "Saw your post and you’re right, the customer service representative made a mistake. As you know, I won’t comment in advance on what our holiday lineup has in store, but I can confirm it does not include the BlackBerry Storm."

The double speak bothers me. The person "won't comment on what's in the store" but then comments on "what's in the store" by saying the Bold isn't in the store.

Just seems a little smarmy to me is all.
    10-17-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD