Has any one gotten a refurb/ replacement storm in the last 2-3 months? If so how has it been? Build quality?
    Thanks in advance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 01:32 AM
    They have been very good and in most cases better then new. That is if the phone was made in Hungary. My storm only has 1 big button instead of 3.

09-12-09 01:44 AM
    One big button...how do you like it? How long ago did you get it? What happened to thw old one?

09-12-09 01:53 AM
    I recently got a "certified like new replacement" and it has been solid. Also was made in Hungary.

09-12-09 01:54 AM
    By one button I mean the green, BB, back, and red buttons are all just one. They used to be 3 and Hungary started doing this fix about 2 months ago.

09-12-09 01:56 AM

EDIT: nevermind
    Last edited by kniprm; 09-12-09 at 02:02 AM.
    09-12-09 01:59 AM
    All of a sudden my phone is running like garbage...I've tried the usuall fixes and nothing is working....I'm tired of playing around time for a new one.

09-12-09 01:59 AM
    ^^huh?

Ok sorry for being vague its just annoying making big posts from my storm. Ok notice now your green and red buttons are separated from the BB button and the return button? Mine are all connected..

09-12-09 02:04 AM
    I got my first storm release day. Screen click was horrible. Got a replacement a month later. Lasted nine months and I thought it performed well but had some major screen flicker in the sun. This Hungary replacement just feels right and just performs well overall.

09-12-09 02:04 AM
    I got my first storm release day. Screen click was horrible. Got a replacement a month later. Lasted nine months and I thought it performed well but had some major screen flicker in the sun. This Hungary replacement just feels right and just performs well overall.

Yeah I'm on my 5th and last storm. Everything has been working perfect for me. Everything made in Canada and Mexico are sub par as to the quality of a Hungary made phone.

09-12-09 02:08 AM
    All of a sudden my phone is running like garbage...I've tried the usuall fixes and nothing is working....I'm tired of playing around time for a new one.

care to explain what you mean by "running like garbage" and "usual fixes"
    09-12-09 03:08 AM
    I posted about my experience with my new Storm http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/go...turday-310775/
    09-12-09 04:26 AM
    My first was made in Canada and the screen stopped working after a while, then I got a replacement made in Mexico that lasted me a long time and it was a very solid phone but I cracked my screen so I had to get another one and they sent me a Hungarian made Storm, the screen on this one was horrible and dead spots on the corners. After doing the Torx fix on it, I can say now that its the best one so far.
    09-12-09 05:22 AM
    care to explain what you mean by "running like garbage" and "usual fixes"
    This is my original phone since january, I thought I had a winner, lately the phone gets real slow and bogged down. Multiple pulls a day....wiped and reloaded .148...resent svc. Books no good after 2 days slooooow all over again.

09-12-09 07:55 AM
    This is my original phone since january, I thought I had a winner, lately the phone gets real slow and bogged down. Multiple pulls a day....wiped and reloaded .148...resent svc. Books no good after 2 days slooooow all over again.

When you reloaded, did you just restore the backup or reset all the settings again from scratch. i suggest you install OS once again and do not auto restore, instead manually restore only contacts, BBM contact, calendar and the browser bookmarks. Also install all apps one by one over again. Then if the phone is still giving you problems go to VZW
    09-12-09 08:02 AM
    When you reloaded, did you just restore the backup or reset all the settings again from scratch. i suggest you install OS once again and do not auto restore, instead manually restore only contacts, BBM contact, calendar and the browser bookmarks. Also install all apps one by one over again. Then if the phone is still giving you problems go to VZW
    This is a very valid post and I have read this method of really getting a good install multiple times, and if I have a question I like a answer from you BUT......the phone is 9 months old and there is a problem considering I've had the same install since .148 came out. Sooo I can try a new install and hope it sticks or I can make a phone call and get a brand new phone. I think I'm getting the new phone dude....as long as people are happy with the builds it seems like the better idea.

09-12-09 08:16 AM
    I broke my storm two weeks ago (shattered screen) Got a replacement from insurance (refurb) promptly spoke with an insurance supervisor and bitched about the refurb slow, dropped calls, freezing all the time and got my brand new one two days later. My experience with refurbs is the generally suck
    09-12-09 08:18 AM
    I broke my storm two weeks ago (shattered screen) Got a replacement from insurance (refurb) promptly spoke with an insurance supervisor and bitched about the refurb slow, dropped calls, freezing all the time and got my brand new one two days later. My experience with refurbs is the generally suck
    Is there a difference between insurance and warranty refurbs?

09-12-09 08:36 AM
    A refurb is a refurb, they are actually tested better than the new ones generally and should work better. Sometime you get a lemon. But i by refrub stuff all the time with little to no issues normally.
    09-12-09 08:41 AM
    I went through 5 refurbs sent to me from CS over the phone because my location dint have any. All of them would not click in the corner. I finally went to another location and got one in store and its a lot better. Although after one week it seems the clicking is getting a little less solid. Gonna torx it today.

09-12-09 08:57 AM
    I went through 5 refurbs sent to me from CS over the phone because my location dint have any. All of them would not click in the corner. I finally went to another location and got one in store and its a lot better. Although after one week it seems the clicking is getting a little less solid. Gonna torx it today.

I think it is so funny that the torn fix is still in effect!!

09-12-09 09:42 AM
    Just got a refurb 2 days ago after my 6 month old Storm developed a dime size "bleed thru" spot on the screen. Very impressed with the quality, especially the screen click. I have to learn how to type all over again. I would take a refurb over new any time.

09-12-09 10:20 AM
    This is a very valid post and I have read this method of really getting a good install multiple times, and if I have a question I like a answer from you BUT......the phone is 9 months old and there is a problem considering I've had the same install since .148 came out. Sooo I can try a new install and hope it sticks or I can make a phone call and get a brand new phone. I think I'm getting the new phone dude....as long as people are happy with the builds it seems like the better idea.

so in other words you dont want to try what was suggested because you dont think it will fix it. The problem could of been from your first backup, upgrade, app install, etc. So doing this now might just make it better. Its worth a shot. Oh and just so you know you probably wont get a new one. It will be a refurb.
    09-12-09 04:24 PM
    I think it is so funny that the torn fix is still in effect!!

never heard of the torn fix. Now I have heard of the torx fix
    09-12-09 04:26 PM
    The refurb I got yesterday is one of the new ones that has the one solid button instead of three, I love it! On my last 3 storms I though the talk button was gonna fall off it got so loose, this phone feels like it was put together far better
    09-12-09 04:41 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD