My Storm 9530 in the past couple days has started rebooting when it gets knocked or placed down on a table. I'm not talking about throwing it down - even if its in my cupholder and falls over while accelerating it will reboot.

If I just hit it against my palm I can replicate the problem - so Telus has ordered me a new one which I will get in a couple days.

My thought now though is if this is something that could be caused by software? The battery and door isn't loose (obviously that is about all I can check) but I'm running .122 now and wonder if it could be the accelerometer somehow causing the reboot?
    04-20-09 03:00 PM
    If I knock it on the table, it reboots but if I do it again while it is rebooting it doesn't do it again. Only once it has rebooted.
    04-20-09 03:09 PM
    i had reboots with 122. Try 113. I have none with 113. But it really sounds like you have a hardware issue. If it does the same thing with 113, order a replacement.
    04-20-09 03:50 PM
    Thanks, I just put on the .131 hybrid (why not? ) and it does the same thing. I find it interesting it doesn't turn off during reboot but its such a pain to use that t I'm just going with a replacement.
    04-20-09 04:09 PM
    I had the EXACT same thing, bumped the bottom and reboot!
    I took the back cover, battery out and took a can of air to it, problem fixed! Honestly!
    I got every nook & cranny with the air inlcuding in the headphone jack.
    04-20-09 07:52 PM
    I had the EXACT same thing, bumped the bottom and reboot!
    I took the back cover, battery out and took a can of air to it, problem fixed! Honestly!
    I got every nook & cranny with the air inlcuding in the headphone jack.
    MAYBE UR 9530 IS A DEFECT, NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM BE4! LOL
    04-20-09 08:01 PM
    Battery lose? Dust or someting on the contacts? Ask a rep at the store if you can try another battery to see if the problem is just a defective battery or if its the phone itself....I don't know anything about now will help :-P
    04-20-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD