The first storm I had was replaced by 1 yr. warranty because the screen would always turn white and stay that way for a short time. The second storm would randomly reboot during phone calls. It done this at least once a day. I put up with it for a week then three weeks ago VZW replaced it. Four days ago and the today it did it again. This time I called VZW on my lan line and the tech said "bad battery". It is the original battery, they have put it into the last two refurbs I have gotten. I guess I will find out in the near future if this fixes this problem.
    The next question is how many times do I have to put up with storm failures before VZW will give me a free upgrade? I thought I heard at one time if you have three phones fail within the first year you get the next upgrade model phone. Do I have a storm 2 in my future?
    by the way I do a battery pull about every other day.
    10-23-09 05:09 PM
    The first storm I had was replaced by 1 yr. warranty because the screen would always turn white and stay that way for a short time. The second storm would randomly reboot during phone calls. It done this at least once a day. I put up with it for a week then three weeks ago VZW replaced it. Four days ago and the today it did it again. This time I called VZW on my lan line and the tech said "bad battery". It is the original battery, they have put it into the last two refurbs I have gotten. I guess I will find out in the near future if this fixes this problem.
    The next question is how many times do I have to put up with storm failures before VZW will give me a free upgrade? I thought I heard at one time if you have three phones fail within the first year you get the next upgrade model phone. Do I have a storm 2 in my future?

If you don't like the Storm 1 why would you like the 2? I recommend you upgrade your OS and see if that helps.
    10-23-09 06:27 PM
    If you don't like the Storm 1 why would you like the 2? I recommend you upgrade your OS and see if that helps.
    I never said I did not like the storm, that's why I keep going back. If you could comprehend what you read you would see I have a question as to why my phone reboots on it's own. Never at one time did I say I disliked my storm. Up grading your phones OS to a non provider OS voids the warranty.
    The storm 2 is an upgrade new and improved by Rim after lots of research and money spent. Have you ever upgraded or traded in a car for a newer model when the one you drove was getting you from point A to point B with little trouble.
    Now to the original question..try to follow..Do you think the tech was right in saying he thought it was a defective battery?
    10-24-09 09:23 AM
    I never said I did not like the storm, that's why I keep going back. If you could comprehend what you read you would see I have a question as to why my phone reboots on it's own. Never at one time did I say I disliked my storm. Up grading your phones OS to a non provider OS voids the warranty.
    The storm 2 is an upgrade new and improved by Rim after lots of research and money spent. Have you ever upgraded or traded in a car for a newer model when the one you drove was getting you from point A to point B with little trouble.
    Now to the original question..try to follow..Do you think the tech was right in saying he thought it was a defective battery?
    Upgrading to a leaked OS won't void your warranty. If you were to continue to have problems after upgrading you could always wipe and reload the carrier's OS. An OS upgrade is frequently suggested here because the current 5.0 leaks (high builds) solve many problems.

If you don't want to do that have you tried wiping and reloading the carrier's OS, then *not* installing any apps or a backup, run it for a while and see if that resolves the reboots? If you do that and it works fine then you have either a corrupt db in your backup, or an app that's causing the reboots. In which case you could selectively restore and/or slowly reload apps until it reboots - then you'll know what's causing it.

Could be the battery, but I haven't read any posts where that's been the problem. It's typically OS/backup based.
    10-24-09 09:41 AM
    the storm sucks it always reboots
    10-24-09 09:45 AM
    I can comprehend what I read and to me that sounds like someone who dislikes their Storm.

Also, just like many other people they right away blame the phone. Did you ever think about user error?

You've been on this site long enough to know that you can ask a question as to why your storm's screen is turning white, I assume. More likely than not that was a SOFTWARE issue that could have been fixed by a wipe or an OS upgrade, but right away you go to VZW.

I think you're just trying to get a Storm 2 for free because you see that it is "new and improved."
    Last edited by z06mike; 10-24-09 at 10:45 AM.
    10-24-09 10:40 AM
    I can comprehend what I read and to me that sounds like someone who dislikes their Storm.

Also, just like many other people they right away blame the phone. Did you ever think about user error?

You've been on this site long enough to know that you can ask a question as to why your storm's screen is turning white, I assume. More likely than not that was a SOFTWARE issue that could have been fixed by a wipe or an OS upgrade, but right away you go to VZW.

I think you're just trying to get a Storm 2 for free because you see that it is "new and improved."
    LMFAO....
    mine does that too
    11-03-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD