I did a search and yeilded nothing, but here is my problem. When I receive a text or an email l, and promptly pull my storm from the holster, it will usually go into a reboot. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there a fix yet? This is a very annoying trait and I hope there is some fix.

I know the obvious one is to "wait to check your messages", I am hoping for something a little better than that.

Thanks ahead of time!
    04-22-09 10:43 AM
    What OS are you running? I would suggest if you arent using it yet to upload .113 or .122. They both fix multiple problems with rebooting and tons of others.
    04-22-09 10:45 AM
    I am using the .122 / 5.0 hybrid
    04-22-09 10:47 AM
    Yeah that's weird. I dont use a holster but Iam pretty sure they use a magnet to let the phone know it is in a holster so it knows when to go into a different mode. For some reason a few times when I plug my headphones into my storm it has randomly rebooted it self. It only seems to happen though when I just jam the headphones into the jack really quickly without paying attention to what I am doing. But if i actually watch the screen and slowly insert the headphones into the jack It NEVER reboots itself. The only thing I could come up with is possibly the action of just forcing them in there quickly changes the setting in the phone rapidly from normal speakers to headphones and triggers something to reboot. But when I put them in slowly possibly it isnt a quick change and less dramatic. Either way it should matter but it seems to. Maybe instead of just grabbing the phone out of the holster try to slowly slide it out and see if that changes anything. I doubt it would but who knows. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful, good luck....
    04-22-09 10:52 AM
    I think the phone will automatically reboot if it feels that the memory is running too low to be useful. If your phone has been on a long time then this is probably normal. If it does this repetitively, then I would say upgrade OS or just get it replaced. Mine has never done any of those things, but it will reboot on occasion on its own.
    04-23-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD