How does that make you feel? Does it really matter? I know the Storm is more media oriented than business, but it should, in my opinion, have the same processor.
    BlackBerry Touch Screen - BlackBerry 9530 - Blackberry 9500
    10-07-08 11:34 PM
    Different chipset, different proc from the Bold. I told you guys.
    10-07-08 11:38 PM
    Different chipset, different proc from the Bold. I told you guys.
    It's not right!
    10-07-08 11:38 PM
    I know, but still. There's a bunch of new pics out there tonight. It's like midnight struck and the embargo was canceled on leaked info... lol. I'm still wanting to drive this one myself in person first, but from what I'm seeing (Open GPS) and such, it's probably going to be very good for VZW to get this out.
    10-07-08 11:40 PM
    It does matter to me, and as the engagdet review stated, this device will not be very good for games, which hurts its "multimedia" side.
    10-07-08 11:40 PM
    it's still faster than my first 5 PCs

LOL
    10-07-08 11:46 PM
    It does matter to me, and as the engagdet review stated, this device will not be very good for games, which hurts its "multimedia" side.
    Is this faster than the bold?
    Games should be ok.......................
    I play one decent game on my xv6800 which is only 400mhz
    I was hoping for more than 128mb ram
    10-07-08 11:58 PM
    i am pissed.
    10-08-08 12:12 AM
    We knew 128MB of flash was going to be an issue. 256MB would have been a nice touch, no pun intended.
    10-08-08 12:14 AM
    256 would have been way nice
    10-08-08 12:21 AM
    256 would have been way nice
    It has 1Gb on board along with that 128Mb, before you count the 8Gb mSDHC card.
    10-08-08 04:16 AM
    We knew 128MB of flash was going to be an issue. 256MB would have been a nice touch, no pun intended.
    lol.. not sure why that cracked me up
    10-08-08 06:26 AM
    Sony makes a nice portable console called the "PSP" - I hear it does gaming pretty well.

Seriously, if not having a rich gaming experience is a deal-breaker for you, the BlackBerry probably shouldn't be your first choice anyway.
    For the specs released so far, this Storm should be a amazing for what most BlackBerry owners use them as - business devices.

The extra multimedia enhancements are just a welcome bonus. I want something that's geared more for business/communication & maybe a step up on web browsing anyhow, and less "entertainment brick".

These reviews are with pre-production models anyhow. I'm sure based on the feedback RIM has collected from this, they'll be making improvements and polishing their latest offering a bit more before final release.
    Can't wait.
    10-08-08 07:57 AM
    Sony makes a nice portable console called the "PSP" - I hear it does gaming pretty well.

Seriously, if not having a rich gaming experience is a deal-breaker for you, the BlackBerry probably shouldn't be your first choice anyway.
    For the specs released so far, this Storm should be a amazing for what most BlackBerry owners use them as - business devices.

The extra multimedia enhancements are just a welcome bonus. I want something that's geared more for business/communication & maybe a step up on web browsing anyhow, and less "entertainment brick".

These reviews are with pre-production models anyhow. I'm sure based on the feedback RIM has collected from this, they'll be making improvements and polishing their latest offering a bit more before final release.
    Can't wait.
    well yeah, but it seems there are a lot of phones that have some cool stuff, but no one phone that's totally kickin' rad, ya know? like you see iphones and storms and HTC devices and find some weird drawback and its like, "well who thought that was a good idea"? It'd be nice to have one ridiculous baller-*** phone. i'd pay top dollar for it. I was hoping this phone would phase out my ipod touch entirely, but it won't. so it goes...
    10-08-08 08:28 AM

Can't wait.
    I'm sorry, but I hate these kinds of posts. Just because something is not important to you, doesn't mean it's not important to others. This phone is geared towards a multimedia experience, so people will be concerned with it's multimedia performance. Maybe some people don't want to carry around 2 devices? (PSP and Phone)
    10-08-08 08:41 AM
    I know we have been through this before but on the official Storm site I don't see a mention of the processor speed. Every where else I see 624mhz

Here is the link to the BBstorm official site if I am wrong please tell me so
    BlackBerry Touch Screen - BlackBerry 9530 - BlackBerry 9500
    10-10-08 10:26 AM
    Why do I need to give a hot 5hit about the processor speed?
    10-10-08 10:38 AM
    Ok does it have WiFi?
    What features are missing from the bold?
    10-10-08 10:46 AM
    I know we have been through this before but on the official Storm site I don't see a mention of the processor speed. Every where else I see 624mhz
    From the BB web site Touch Screen Phone - BlackBerry Touch

Expand the Get More Out of Your Day section and you will see "The HSPA network and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone�s 528-MHz processor combine to support your need to multitask and prioritize without falling behind or out of touch"
    10-10-08 10:49 AM
    Thanks it's tucked away
    10-10-08 10:55 AM
    Can't wait.
    It would have been super awesome if RIM would bump up the memory to 256MB. As you guys might know, then current prerelease version of the 8900 is only 128, but production releases are rumored at 256. Since the 8900 and Storm platforms are so close, it really would have been nice to bump up the Storm as well. It's just such a good phone to kick us all in the nuts by not putting 256 on it. It at least deserves a good back of the head smack to the guy at RIM who only made it 128.
    10-10-08 11:05 AM
    It at least deserves a good back of the head smack to the guy at RIM who only made it 128.
    People don't just wake up one morning and be like let's make a new phone, it will have a touch screen, 128MB of RAM and 512MHz processor. Maybe we should also add a nice camera to that."
    10-10-08 12:54 PM
    Storm's processor is slower than the Bold's processor. This is a fact!
    10-10-08 02:03 PM
    I still prefer Storm over the Bold if for nothing other than the screen size.
    10-10-08 02:06 PM
    The reviews on this phone have been superb, except some aren't impressed with the browser, although the browser is better than the Bold's. Other than that, every review says that is phone is great. I could care less if the processor is a little slower than the Bold's. This phone has more upside to me than the Bold, plus it looks better.
    10-10-08 02:37 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD