I have had the storm for over a week now and after 10 calls to customer service at verizon I got 10 different answers on what is wrong with the phone.

The storm is freezing at least 5 times a day and I have to remove battery to get it to operate again. The phones speed dials don't work all the time and receiving calls or getting notification of messages don't always come thru.

The phone is so slow in opening and closing any application this is causing the freeze issues. I love the general idea of this phone but someone needs to convince me there is a fix coming HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS> there were 3 other storm owners in line with me at a verizon store trying to get help for the exact same problems.
    11-27-08 10:54 AM
    delete visual voicemail and vz navigator. Otherwise, it just sounds like a faulty device.

Never happened to me.
    11-27-08 10:56 AM
    You have not had any of these issues
    11-27-08 11:08 AM
    You have not had any of these issues
    Is this some sort of Jedi mind trick?
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
    11-27-08 11:11 AM
    Think of a Storm like you would a computer. After running a program, you have to 'close' it to keep it from slowing down/freezing.

Next time read up a little more on other posts.
    11-27-08 11:17 AM
    I have read for hours and everyone gives me a different answer
    11-27-08 11:20 AM
    I have read for hours and everyone gives me a different answer
    Well each time you are done with a program, Menu>Close/Exit it. That will fix your lag issues. The reason phones like the iPhone don't have this problem is because they don't allow you to run more than one thing at once. Which, in my opinion, really sucks ;D
    11-27-08 11:23 AM
    You shouldnt have that much trouble with a brand new phone.

take it back. Absolutly!
    11-27-08 11:27 AM
    I always close all applications when I am finished but still the issues are there I just deleted visual voice mail and vz navigator both said they were running before I deleted them maybe imann101 was right . And those two apps were never opened by me
    11-27-08 11:34 AM
    Is this some sort of Jedi mind trick?
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
    i seriously just lol'ed at this.
    11-27-08 12:37 PM
    Here's my two cents:

I got the storm the first day. Never waited for anything on line like this so I'm in a way invested in making this worth my while.

My phone is slow, particularly with the orientation switch and such. It has frozen a few times on me too.

the Saturday after I got the phone, I noticed that some dude had used my NEW phone and had mad cookies on the browser including an auto sign in for his myspace page. The batt sucked too. I called verizon and asked that they send me a new phone. They agreed and it is now on its way.

Basically, I saw no reason to try and figure out why my phone seemed used or what have you. I just bought the freakin thing so I asked for another one. I can keep this process up as long as it takes for me to get a storm that works to my liking. So can you.

If your phone seems off, get a new one. It will take some time but at least you know its on the horizon.

Good luck!
    11-27-08 12:38 PM
    you are probably right
    11-27-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD