After my glowing review of the Storm I am now revising my opinion.

My problems started after I installed some apps (facebook and MSN) suddenly the phone became very slow and unresponsive, I had to press the menu button a few times just to get it to work. After that it was a downwards spiral of the phone freezing and locking up for no apparent reason. In the end I became tired of it and it has gone back today.

I am not the only one, if you google "vodafone forums" then go to the official vodafone forums and into the Blackberry Section and read the storm feedback thread, lots of people are returning the phone due to UI & Software problems, also lots of people have had the green call button fall out, this has been acknowledged as a quality control issue.

In the UK at least quite a few people disappointed with the Storm.
    11-17-08 04:15 PM
    Why do you have to install those apps? They should already come preloaded with the device out of the box
    11-17-08 04:30 PM

My problems started after I installed some apps (facebook and MSN) suddenly the phone became very slow and unresponsive, I had to press the menu button a few times just to get it to work. After that it was a downwards spiral of the phone freezing and locking up for no apparent reason. In the end I became tired of it and it has gone back today.

I am not the only one, if you google "vodafone forums" then go to the official vodafone forums and into the Blackberry Section and read the storm feedback thread, lots of people are returning the phone due to UI & Software problems, also lots of people have had the green call button fall out, this has been acknowledged as a quality control issue.

Wow. I wonder if Verizon knows anything about this, but on the other had hopefully its just a hand full of them.
    11-17-08 04:34 PM
    I have to admit, at first I thought you were just some storm hating troll, but I was able to at least verify the button falling off (has something to do with the pouch - the US version doesn't come with this pouch thank goodness)
    Storm Button - Vodafone eForum
    Last edited by scougarb; 11-17-08 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added link
    11-17-08 04:36 PM
    Why do you have to install those apps? They should already come preloaded with the device out of the box
    It comes downloaded but not installed (as with all the other third party applications) you have to install the ones that you want to use.

I am sure that RIM will work out these problems but it is disappointing to have these. I am still committed to getting a Storm as the phone has a lot of potential but now that my launch one has been returned to Vodafone I will hold fire for a month or so and see if these problems are resolved. In the UK vodafone have a 14 day scheme whereby you can return the phone and you are released from your contractual obligations. Lots of people on the vodafone forums asking for this to be increased due to the problems with the phone.
    11-17-08 04:40 PM
    Hahaha glad the other side of the pond gets to test it out first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 04:42 PM
    I have to admit, at first I thought you were just some storm hating troll
    I am not a hating troll!! I really want the Storm to succeed as it has a lot of good features etc.

If you look at the same forum at the top the Storm Feedback Thread is pinned, if you read from page 9 onwards you will see the many problems that people are having.
    11-17-08 04:44 PM

i got mine today!
    im having the same problems, it is being very slow changin form landscape and potrait, or sometimes wont change at all!
    the phone is beautiful and only had it a day, want to give it more time! but its letting me down!

i swapped this for the bold, which was a super phone, and i am missing the speed of the bold
    11-17-08 04:49 PM
    I've still got my bold. Too scared to sell it. The storm i've had since Saturday and yes it is slow moving from landscape to portrait but it gets there. I'm hoping an OS upgrade will fix it.
    11-17-08 04:54 PM
    I've still got my bold. Too scared to sell it. The storm i've had since Saturday and yes it is slow moving from landscape to portrait but it gets there. I'm hoping an OS upgrade will fix it.
    i hope it does fix it! because atm i wish i had my super fast bold
    11-17-08 04:56 PM
    wonder if CX could chime in
    11-17-08 04:58 PM
    Like said in another post that the OS for the US version is .86 verses the one over in the UK is .65 . I bet a lot of those problems are fixed in the .86 OS
    11-17-08 05:00 PM
    OP:

How about battery life? Others on the Vodaphone forum are complaining about it.

WCK
    11-17-08 05:02 PM
    Like said in another post that the OS for the US version is .86 verses the one over in the UK is .65 . I bet a lot of those problems are fixed in the .86 OS
    i hope it does! i am quite new to blackberry and my bold was my first device which i only had for 3 days before i had to get the storm, because every1 was going mad about it on here!

So can i in the uk download this new .86?
    11-17-08 05:04 PM
    OP:

WCK
    its not the greatest!
    11-17-08 05:05 PM
    WOW! well I guess it's good the UK got it first. And then the US, and then us in Canada so hopefully it will all be straight by the time we get it.
    11-17-08 05:12 PM
    OP:

WCK
    its a blackberry, good battery life and blackberries don't belong in the same category especially if you talk on the phone constantly
    11-17-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD