Does anyone have a line on a privacy protectors for the Storm? I can find a ton of screen protectors online, but not a privacy protector. I got one for my wife's Curve, but I don't see anything yet for the Storm.
    03-09-09 02:07 PM
    I tried the one made for the iPhone after I had some guy peering over my shoulder one day, but it had a very difficult time in detecting my finger. I returned it.
    03-09-09 02:45 PM
    I tried the one made for the iPhone after I had some guy peering over my shoulder one day, but it had a very difficult time in detecting my finger. I returned it.
    Hmmm, I wonder if that's why you can't find them anywhere...

I wouldn't think that it's because the Storm is still 'new', so maybe it's that. Although, if they have them and they work for the iPhone, you would think that they would have them for the Storm...
    03-09-09 02:52 PM
    03-09-09 03:47 PM
    can't you just wait until you get home to surf pr0n?

Actually, lack of these types of things makes me generally paranoid about viewing most stuff when in public areas like on a train or at the coffee shop. I generally tend to stick with News sites then.
    03-09-09 03:59 PM
    This is not for the Storm. It's for most of the other BBs, just not the 95XX...

Works with: BlackBerry 8830, 8820, 8800, Curve 8330, Curve 8320, Curve 8310, Curve 8300, Pearl 8130, Pearl 8120, Pearl 8110, Pearl 8100

can't you just wait until you get home to surf pr0n?

Actually, lack of these types of things makes me generally paranoid about viewing most stuff when in public areas like on a train or at the coffee shop. I generally tend to stick with News sites then.
    Well, it's not just the p0rn...

I am the same way. Kind of disconcerting they don't have anything for the Storm's very large screen (compared to the other BBs). Yet, I guess, kind of like a faster OS...
    03-09-09 04:14 PM
    This is not for the Storm. It's for most of the other BBs, just not the 95XX...
    My bad. Here is a universial one but could not find much else.

Universal Privacy Screen Protector For BlackBerry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Screen Protectors - Fommy.com
    03-09-09 06:34 PM

Universal Privacy Screen Protector For BlackBerry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Screen Protectors - Fommy.com

Do you use this? does it have any effect on the operation of the phone?
    03-09-09 06:44 PM

Nope, just trying to help op find what he is looking for.
    03-09-09 07:13 PM
    thanks, just trying to get details on how it may effect the screen cause this is a great product if it does work right
    03-09-09 07:50 PM

That's the one I use..works great and no cutting necessary (depending on case).
    It's thick, so depending on the case you use, you may have an issue with clicking getting stuck. I used the silicon cases, oem plastic, and now the sena flip case without that issue.
    03-09-09 08:22 PM
    That's the one I use..works great and no cutting necessary (depending on case).
    It's thick, so depending on the case you use, you may have an issue with clicking getting stuck. I used the silicon cases, oem plastic, and now the sena flip case without that issue.
    I think that's the one that weasle71 said that they used and caused issues with the screen not sensing the finger. Do you have any issues with that? I'd hate to spend $20 to not have it sense any input...
    03-09-09 08:57 PM
    Hey, I'm kick my *** trying to remember the name of the manufacturer of the product I bought. I'm going to visit the store tomorrow and reply with my findings. I think it was honestly too thick, if I had to estimate it was double or more of the standard screen protector that comes with the Storm.

More to come

weasle71 said that they used and caused issues with the screen not sensing the finger. Do you have any issues with that? I'd hate to spend $20 to not have it sense any input...[/QUOTE]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:29 PM
    I've got one of those mirror types. It seems to work pretty good. I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for.

X3 MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTORS for BLACKBERRY STORM 9500 - eBay (item 190287987336 end time Mar-20-09 09:39:58 PDT)
    03-10-09 12:57 AM
    I've got one of those mirror types. It seems to work pretty good. I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for.

X3 MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTORS for BLACKBERRY STORM 9500 - eBay (item 190287987336 end time Mar-20-09 09:39:58 PDT)
    I will check that out and see what those are all about.

I'll hang out and wait for weasle71 to get back and see who the manufacturer is of the one he had. That way I can also try the Case Mate until the come out with one specifically for the Storm since they have been used already. The price of the Case Mate one stings a bit, though, but if that's the only option out there right now...
    03-10-09 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD