I have been everywhere on the net and have yet to be able to find an already cut BB9530 privacy film. That stuff that allows the user to only see if they are looking straight on the screen, impairing the view from snoopers. If anyone knows where these can be found, please enlighten me. Thanks in advance. - Andrew
    12-15-08 09:44 AM
    how would that film impact regular viewing on the storm of videos etc?

would it make it darker, or does it only impact side viewing?
    12-15-08 09:48 AM
    Also, would something like this even work for both portrait AND landscape?
    12-15-08 09:57 AM
    I have also been looking for this exact product but am unable to come up with anythong. You should be able to view everything fine. the display would look a little darker due to the dark tint on film. It's pretty nice if you dont' want other people seeing what you are doing/reading on your phone.
    12-15-08 09:59 AM
    i did see something like that on ebay. not sure if it works or not, but it did list as privacy film, and was pre-cut to fit the storm. so i thought i would pass it along.
    12-15-08 10:13 AM
    Thanks for everything so far. Ima check that one out on Ebay and see if i can come up with the same product. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
    12-15-08 10:28 AM
    Anyone have any experience with this?

Would definitely come in handy.
    01-02-09 04:11 PM
    Those privacy protectors would work but only in one direction depending on which you apply it, meaning either for portrait or landscape mode but not both. To the original poster, it's very easy to cut your own size with a razor blade and ruler out of a laptop privacy protector.
    01-02-09 04:22 PM
    Those privacy protectors would work but only in one direction depending on which you apply it
    Yeah, familiar with how they work-- just meant quality-wise. Those particular ones....
    01-02-09 04:45 PM
    I've always understood them to work parallel and vertical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 06:04 PM
    They will work in landscape and vertical..
    01-02-09 06:44 PM
    My question is how will that affect the touch portion of the phone?

The storm screen is based on heat sensing if I am correct, these screens would block that wouldn't they?

01-02-09 07:59 PM
    My question is how will that affect the touch portion of the phone?

The storm screen is based on heat sensing if I am correct, these screens would block that wouldn't they?

I doubt it cause then all of those other screen protectors wouldnt work if that was the case
    01-02-09 08:54 PM

Not heat, the Storm has a Capacitive touch-screen. HowStuffWorks "iPhone Touch Screen"
    01-03-09 04:19 PM
    What are all you people doing that you need this privacy film? Hmm... Maybe I should stay away from you CRACkberry people
    01-03-09 06:55 PM
    What are all you people doing that you need this privacy film? Hmm... Maybe I should stay away from you CRACkberry people
    wondering that myself?!?!?!? im still all about showing mine off lol....

Is that a storm?.... "why yes it is would you like to play with it?"
    01-03-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD