View Poll Results: Storm as a phone??????????

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never missed a call - great phone

41 73.21%
  • Some missed calls - still reliable

5 8.93%
  • Lots of phone problems - but still ok

2 3.57%
  • Lots of phone problems - starting to hurt

4 7.14%
  • Having second thoughts due to phone issues

4 7.14%
    I am having problems with random resets, long boot times which affect the reliability of phone. Oh yeah, forgot the mute with cheek trick.
    Anyway, I give the Storm a reliability factor of 2 as a phone. What about you?
    11-28-08 02:30 PM
    Mine's great, no issues whatsoever. Never dropped a called, my custom ringer is so damn loud. I set it to vibrate 3 short before my ringer comes on, did I mention it was loud as heck? I miss calls when I'm not in the room, that's about it. Never rebooted by itself, wonder why some are like that, weird. Check under your battery to see where your phone was made?
    11-28-08 02:40 PM
    I wonder if there's a just a bad batch of phone on the market. There are a lot of mixed reviews concerning this phone. I've had mine for a whole week now, and I have had no real issues with it other than the fact that it rebooted by itself a few times, but I resolved that issue with wiping it out and restoring. Other than that, no known issues for me at all. I'm not missing calls, I don't have any weird indicators, everything basically works for me and I do use my phone quite a bit for both work and personal business.
    11-28-08 02:51 PM
    As I mentioned in a thread the other day; Try a fresh OS install as it might help you, might not. Seems to have worked for atang79 and I've seen other people on this site and other sites say it worked for them as well.

Not saying the OS doesn't have bugs but some of you are reporting major problems and I can't help but think you've got a crappy OS install from the factory.

I've purchased numerous computer over the years that weren't running as well as they should have been. A fresh install of the OS usually did the trick.
    11-28-08 03:20 PM
    i believe it works perfect as a phone , i came from " the one we dont speek of " and it is 10x better in this aspect.
    11-28-08 03:47 PM
    Absolutely fantastic. I took a call from the bottom of a canyon while driving through the mountains to get to my parents' place for Thanksgiving last night, then this morning from my parents' place (which has horrible reception - zero bars EDGE or GPRS on AT&T, 1 or 2 bars on my Storm's indicator) I sat through a conference call on it.
    11-28-08 03:53 PM
    Today was the first time I missed a phone call. It rang, I took it out of my holster and press the actual phone button to answer, I said hello nothing, I pressed it again, nothing and after the third press it was too late had gone to voice mail. This is the first time this has happened, and was a little irritating. I have not had my phone reset or any other issues and I have had it since the 21st. Hopefully this was just a fluke.
    11-28-08 03:59 PM
    Just an add on - I reinstalled the OS, and then while coming back from shopping the phone rang, could not answer then it took five minutes to reboot.

Jimbo
    11-28-08 04:04 PM
    the clariity of this phone is the best phone i have ever had. i get zero warbling effect that most cell phones get.

i can hear the caller like i am on a landline and that is huge for me.
    11-28-08 06:15 PM
    Verizon is the best where I live, + the clarity of the phone is great. no complaints
    11-28-08 06:43 PM
    Today was the first time I missed a phone call. It rang, I took it out of my holster and press the actual phone button to answer, I said hello nothing, I pressed it again, nothing and after the third press it was too late had gone to voice mail. This is the first time this has happened, and was a little irritating. I have not had my phone reset or any other issues and I have had it since the 21st. Hopefully this was just a fluke.
    Lol this has happened to me three times. I start talking and then blow my eardrum out as it rings again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD