Can the phone pad be set to stay up during a call? For instance, when I call voice mail, the dial pad goes away and by the time I get it back on the screen, it is too late to input the numbers requested by the voice mail system. Any thoughts?
    07-10-09 02:55 PM
    I haven't heard of such a way to do this but if that's possible I would like to know too.
    07-10-09 04:40 PM
    You could just set up your phone to automatically insert your password so you don't have to worry about the time frame. Then if you need the number pad up to select an option, there's always the grid key at the bottom of the screen that brings up the number pad as well.
    07-10-09 04:43 PM
    I recently learned you can swipe up from the bottom during a call to show the keyboard... no need to actually press the phone pad button that is placed in the hard-to-press corner.
    07-10-09 04:49 PM
    I recently learned you can swipe up from the bottom during a call to show the keyboard... no need to actually press the phone pad button that is placed in the hard-to-press corner.
    Really? I didn't know that, I thought that was just for texts/emails and crap. Pretty cool! Thanks for the tip. I have been hitting the "hard to press corner" this whole time.
    07-10-09 05:07 PM
    If calling voicemail annoys you (It has always annoyed me), I highly suggest getting visual voicemail from verizon. It cost a couple bucks a month but I find it totally worth it. Its a game changer, for business or personal voice mails.

I have heard there are 3rd party apps for this as well but never looked into them.
    07-10-09 05:08 PM
    Yu can also assign a key for the keyboard but the swipe is the easiest way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 05:13 PM
    That's a good idea with the keyboard swiping up, however depending on what OS you are running they recently got rid of the swipe up feature so I'm not sure how well that would work.
    07-10-09 05:19 PM
    If calling voicemail annoys you (It has always annoyed me), I highly suggest getting visual voicemail from verizon. It cost a couple bucks a month but I find it totally worth it. Its a game changer, for business or personal voice mails.

I have heard there are 3rd party apps for this as well but never looked into them.
    Called YouMail I think..I'mma try it again. Had it on my Curve, but gonna see if its' better on the Storm
    07-10-09 05:37 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions! Just seems if you are using the phone, the phone pad should stay available so you can respond to VW voice mail prompts without finding the key pad again Oh well!
    07-10-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD