Has anybody out there done a bezel replacement? I ordered a replacement bezel for my storm and it came in.... I already had the t6 screwdriver that the website called for...

then as I watch the disassembly video, guess what, two OTHER tools are shown to be required (I can't hear it, for some reason the video audio doesn't come through).... I notice these tools are for sale for a mere $1.50 (meaning another 1 1/2 week wait).....

for those who have already gone through this, are these extra tools necessary? Or is there some other common tools that will substitute? I wish I had known this ahead of time. I was already to strip off the old bezel and put on my knew one and hit this snag..
    05-18-09 06:31 PM
    Are you referring to the prying tools? I use a guitar pick andthat seems to work fine.

Good Luck!
    05-18-09 08:11 PM
    Are you referring to the prying tools? I use a guitar pick andthat seems to work fine.

Good Luck!
    Yes..... One looks like a guitar pick with a razor edge and the other is curved. Anxious to swap out my bezel but this was an unexpected snag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:55 PM
    I just thought of this but you can try checking Radio Shack or a local computer repair shop. Or like I said I use a guitar pick ans it works well, if you have friends that play, or have a music store nearby.

Good Luck!
    05-18-09 09:03 PM
    05-18-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD