Well I was meetin up with another honda guy today at the local wally mart and we went in to get somethin to drink and **** and i accidentally left the phone in my passenger seat which was right in the sun not thinkin about it. So I get out to my car afterwards and im like well ****, forgot my phone in the sun. So i go to unlock my car and see if there were any missed calls or anything and its dead.. no LED indicator no button/screen/touch reaction so i pulled the battery out of it because the phone itself, glass/aluminum was so friggin hot to the touch that i almost literally burned my hand on the inside of the battery door. I left the battery out of it for about 20 minutes to cool in the shade inside my car *no AC anyways* plugged the battery in and now it works just fine. Has anyone else done this.. I can remember a time before when I had my LG Voyager and it overheated on me once drivin through Alabama *again no AC* and I was using it as a GPS at the time.. and it proceeded to shut off and cool itself down.
    06-28-09 08:29 PM
    it should be fine. lucky it didn't melt the sodder on the chip board.
    06-28-09 08:37 PM
    it should be fine. lucky it didn't melt the sodder on the chip board.
    Honestly wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.. not very happy with my storm any more. Going to see how the Tour goes at launch and maybe work towards getting one after the initial release blows over on em.
    06-28-09 08:38 PM
    I'm most worried about the heat sensors on the screen...
    06-28-09 08:43 PM
    the Storm gets HOT when left out in the heat/sunlight/car/ w.e.! It will burn you.
    When im running Slacker and surfing the web with it and typing up a SMSs the think heats up.

But yeah sun and stuff and the Storm can burn your skin.
    Sue RIM if you do haha xD
    06-28-09 08:43 PM
    I'm most worried about the heat sensors on the screen...
    Heat sensors?
    06-28-09 08:44 PM
    the Storm gets HOT when left out in the heat/sunlight/car/ w.e.! It will burn you.
    When im running Slacker and surfing the web with it and typing up a SMSs the think heats up.

But yeah sun and stuff and the Storm can burn your skin.
    Sue RIM if you do haha xD
    Yeah, its because we have a glass screen.. yeah LOL sue RIM and go buy a Tour lol
    06-28-09 08:46 PM
    Heat sensors?
    Yes. The Storm is heat sensitive. Thus why women with longer nails hate this phone. Can't use a stylus with it either.

Anywho, look at your screen in certain light. You will see a matrix of heat sensors.
    06-28-09 08:53 PM
    Yes. The Storm is heat sensitive. Thus why women with longer nails hate this phone. Can't use a stylus with it either.

Anywho, look at your screen in certain light. You will see a matrix of heat sensors.
    There is a stylus option:
    http://shop.crackberry.com/mobi-products-touch-screen-stylus-pen/16A44A4156.htm
    06-28-09 09:00 PM
    Do you know how a capacitive touch screen works? It doesn't work by heat, it works by something that is electrically conductive touching the screen, like a finger, or an electrically conductive stylus.
    06-28-09 09:03 PM
    Well there is no reason to take a shot at me. Thought it was heat sensitive, but I stand corrected and back down from my statement.
    06-28-09 09:06 PM
    sorry, didn't mean to sound overly harsh, you just sounded so sure in your statements. I know this place seems pretty harsh lots of the time, sorry bout that.
    06-28-09 09:13 PM
    Hooser, Had a similar thing happen to me. Taking a family cross country trip to DisneyWorld. Using the Storm to listen to an audio book bluetooth to an FM transmitter (while phone was plugged into the cig lighter) so we can use the car speakers, and the Storm (which happened to be sitting on the dashboard in the sun) overheats and shuts off for a bit. I put it in the shade and it started back up in about 1/2 hour. Storm was in one of those rubber skins at the time too which didn't help matters at all.

I thought it was weird too.
    This happened a few times on that trip, but hasn't happened since. Storm's been fine since.
    Last edited by plasticman42; 06-28-09 at 10:17 PM.
    06-28-09 10:05 PM
    Same deal here. I plugged the Storm in on a long distance trip. Running the GPS. After some time I checked and learned the battery was dying so I plugged it in. Checked a while later and it was still dead. Meterberry said the battery temp was 113 degrees. Ot would not charge at all until it called down t below 104.

b.b.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 10:48 PM
    [QUOTE=BlakeGatesLLC;2911845]Well there is no reason to take a shot at me. QUOTE]

LOL...who "took a shot" at you?? Wow, you must not spend much time here on CB if you feel that was a "shot"...time for sensitivity training cd36!
    06-29-09 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD