With the hot summer months that we are now in, I have experienced the problem that when I am using the storm for more than texting or a phone call and I am outside in the sun, the phone will shut down like it is over heating. I have to do a battery pull and let the unit cool down.

Has this happened to anyone else? The unit doesn't feel too hot or anything.
    07-23-09 10:13 AM
    I have not had that issue before, and moreover, I have had my device pretty hot (Sitting on the enclosed engine of a fire apparatus). I had the battery indicator indicating around 105 degrees F (MeterBerry). How hot would you say it is getting? I am guessing it doesn't have any issues when it is cool?
    07-23-09 03:46 PM
    It is not really hot at all... i am holding it in my hand when it happens. When it's cool outside it is fine.. just when its in direct sun light...

I called vzw and they are replacing it under warranty..

hopefully it wont be a refurb
    07-23-09 05:43 PM
    It actually is a known issue. Not widely reported. Playing media makes some Storms especially prone. There are numerous cases of the screen burning, screen burn in and screen failing to respond to touch. Lock ups and shutdowns are early warning signs. Trust me, if you call and tell them phone keeps getting really hot they will practically demand that it be replaced. RIM does not want these phones out in the wild there is some fear of a liability event and the ensuing media coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply fellas
    07-24-09 11:15 AM
    Hot summer months? We could use some of those....
    07-24-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD