For those who see potential in the blackberry storm but have consistantly said that it was released prematurely, would you get the storm today if you can do it all over again or would you wait? I keep hearing about new batches of Storms coming out, some with hardware fixes like screen gaps and loose buttons, paper fix issues, software and glitch fixes and such.

So for someone like me who wants to jump in, should I jump in now or will this thing continue to get improvements that new adopters won't be able to take advantage of???

One story about the paper fix really turned me off and I don't want to go through the trouble of fighting for a device that shouldn't require a piece of paper to fix it, especially from a high end phone!

So if anyone knows, have they got this phone fixed or do we need to wait more?
    12-25-08 01:31 PM
    The Storm is alright now. Much better than at launch. SW, is still a little buggy, but much better. It's your call. I got one for the wife, two days ago, and it works fine.
    12-25-08 01:35 PM
    I don't have any issues with mine. My suggestion for most new BB users, the storm is NOT for them. I would start with a Curve or Pearl. The OS has a learning curve for most new users. JMO.
    12-25-08 01:37 PM
    The sooner the better!!
    12-25-08 01:40 PM
    read my review:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-122154/

yes the phone WILL get better, and very soon ... but its primarily software fixes, no reason to wait IMO since you can grab the updates as they come
    12-25-08 01:40 PM
    yea, for the ppl who say its not for them, thats not exactly what I'm looking for. I already know the problems with a virtual keyboard vs a real one and so on! I know the gripes out there as most of these ppl just see the storm as a toy and not a business device as BB is more geared to.

But for me, I already made the choice that I can do this thing with the storm. I just want to make sure I don't get it now only to find out that in a month or 2, they make a new batch that addressed some funimental flaw that ppl who got it early were just having to deal with now
    12-25-08 01:42 PM
    i saw wait. I have it now i like it a lot but it does get annoying sometimes. Like staying in landscape mode even when i flip it around. I think its a great phone definitely the best touch screen phone out but i'm going to a bold and att until its released on att.
    12-25-08 01:45 PM
    read my review:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-122154/

yes the phone WILL get better, and very soon ... but its primarily software fixes, no reason to wait IMO since you can grab the updates as they come

software fixes are ok as those can be done afterward. My biggest issue is hardware. I've seen ppl talk about replacement devices having major fixes compared to another they had. Stronger buttons, more flush ends, etc. Some made in canada vs mexico appearing different in build quality. Also new batches with firefox preinstalled, no light seeping thru the corners. Screen clicking problems at the corners, etc... u get the idea. Those things bug me out and are what is stopping me from getting it right now vs waiting a few more months.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 12-25-08 at 01:49 PM.
    12-25-08 01:45 PM
    I think you hear more about those or are more aware of those because when things are NOT exactly as people want them to be, they YELL louder. I stand by that the MAJORITY of STORM users are NOT experiencing THUS we are the silent majority not the LOUD minority.
    12-25-08 01:49 PM
    i can't believe there are so many hardware flaws reported! And knowing me, if I see these things in my high end phone, I'd blow a fuse and end up being verizons most hated customer! So... trying to avoid, I just want to make sure they got this thing right
    12-25-08 01:51 PM
    My Storm is fine but you sound extra cautious so you might as well wait because it will only get better with time.
    12-25-08 02:05 PM
    I got my storm on the 22nd and have had no actual complaints with the hardware after doing the T6 adjustment.. As long as dust stays out from behind my screen I don't think they could make any hardware adjustments that would make me love the phone even more. If I had option to re-do or get a different phone, I wouldn't the storm/ this storm is the one for me.
    12-25-08 02:05 PM
    To answer your very first question - would I get it again if I could do it all over again - the answer is definitely yes! SW bugs, yes... HW issues, yes.... But to me they're annoyances that are worth it for having the newest device. I'm a phone junkie : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 02:09 PM
    To answer your very first question - would I get it again if I could do it all over again - the answer is definitely yes! SW bugs, yes... HW issues, yes.... But to me they're annoyances that are worth it for having the newest device. I'm a phone junkie : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    but would u have waited till, lets say.... now! vs nov when it came out. Or would u have gotten it at the time u did all over again. Then for me, I'm thinking, get it now, or wait a month or 2 for new batches to come out that are even more flawless

thats what I'm really trying to get at
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 12-25-08 at 02:30 PM.
    12-25-08 02:25 PM
    Don't wait dude.. The 30 day return will ensure you get one that is at your standards and some people don't even need to use it. If worse comes to worse and you are unsatisfied just return it all together and hold out for new batches.. IMO get it now.
    12-25-08 02:34 PM
    but would u have waited till, lets say.... now! vs nov when it came out. Or would u have gotten it at the time u did all over again. Then for me, I'm thinking, get it now, or wait a month or 2 for new batches to come out that are even more flawless

thats what I'm really trying to get at
    I think this is an odd question. If a person is considering this phone, hopefully they would research before leaping on the bandwagon. There aren't any hardware adjustments, so getting it now as opposed to 11/21 makes no difference. I doubt if they started hand checking every phone prior to delivery. If a person is that hesitant, then they should maybe get a device that's been on the market for a while...imo
    12-25-08 02:39 PM
    there's that restocking fee so I don't want to just do it unless I'm seriously considering on keeping it before I buy it and extend my contract
    12-25-08 02:59 PM
    It seems that you have more reasons to wait then buy now from reading your posts so just wait.
    12-25-08 03:11 PM
    I don't think that you should get it at this time. I don't think that you will be able to find a device that is totally perfect and you will wind up giving people a hard time because of it. There are issues with the device, I just had to order a replacement for mine, but it's not a big deal to me. Maybe you should wait until the device is receiving more rave reviews.
    12-25-08 03:29 PM
    I would wait until an OS is released that is more stable / universally accepted by more people.

I don't know how often or how high (numerically) OS updates tend to go to, but I would wait until a .100+ OS update is released.
    12-25-08 03:33 PM
    To the ; you've already answered your own question. Wait.... No matter what you get now, you will be dissatisfied...

I'm forced to wait as my NE2 isn't available until May, 2009.
    12-25-08 07:42 PM
    I would wait until an OS is released that is more stable / universally accepted by more people.

I don't know how often or how high (numerically) OS updates tend to go to, but I would wait until a .100+ OS update is released.
    12-25-08 09:33 PM
    To the ; you've already answered your own question. Wait.... No matter what you get now, you will be dissatisfied...

I'm forced to wait as my NE2 isn't available until May, 2009.
    i would only be dissatisfied if I experience the flaws that are being reported here. These are not flaws that are supposed to be in a phone. If it was just a software thing that would get better over time, I would say ah, I'll get it now and then just deal with it for now till the OS is better. But from reading this storm thread, it seems like theres new batches different build quality storms out there and its confusing and doesnt make sense. Some ship with firefox, some dont. Some have gaps, others sit flush. Some report needing a paper to fix something with the screen, wtf!

I just want them to address all these issues, make a storm, someone tell me that this is the last installment of the "GENERATION 1" STORM AND THAT WITH ITS FLAWS AND ALL, THIS IS the one!

I dont believe iphone users had to go through this issue
    12-25-08 09:38 PM
    if the flaws have been address and the latest storms are fixed, then I would upgrade! But until I know for sure, I'm a little uncertain, hense the tread
    12-25-08 09:40 PM
    Don't bother getting it. At this point you would be way too critical of the phone if you get it. You may end up spending more time shaking the screen, checking the available memory, wiggling buttons, looking for dust and light leaks than you would learning the phone and personalizing it to your needs.

I know what you're saying, and thought about the reported problems before I decided to roll the dice (ordered mine on 12/23 - will have it by Monday). I figured with as low as my expectations have become from reading about all the hardware and software problems here, I have nowhere to go but up. If you're expecting and only willing to settle for perfection, you may end up disappointed.

If you can wait until Monday, I'll let you know what I think of it. It looks like we have a similar interest in build quality.
    12-25-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD