The last time I connected my storm to my computer was before the newest update and it worked fine. Now with the newest OS update it no longer shows up under my computer. Any Ideas? I have the BB Desktop program but I'm capable of moving files around myself.
    08-30-09 02:07 PM
    yeah every time you do an update you have to re-enable mass storage. or you can run restore in DM and it will auto enable it for you.
    08-30-09 02:25 PM
    yeah every time you do an update you have to re-enable mass storage. or you can run restore in DM and it will auto enable it for you.
    Its enabled but still not showing up. Anything else to try?
    08-30-09 02:51 PM
    Reboot PC? Different USB port? Did you do those yet?
    08-30-09 03:25 PM
    Yes sir. Also the BB desktop manager is REAL slow. I mean like freezing slow.
    08-31-09 06:55 AM
    i was having the same problem the other day.. but i had to leave and go do something.. so i have yet to try it again.. i'll try it again some time tonite..
    08-31-09 06:57 AM
    Here you go, man.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    08-31-09 07:31 AM
    I had the same problem about 2 months ago. Nothing work. After being on the phone for 4 hours with verizon, Verizon customer service, Verizon Blackberry Technical Support and Finally with Blackberry Technical Support troubleshoot, Blackberry authorized to send me a new storm.
    It might be the phone.
    08-31-09 11:16 AM
    Here you go, man.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!
    08-31-09 07:07 PM
    I had this problem today or yesterday, can't remember, all I did was restart my computer like you said.
    08-31-09 07:30 PM
    worked flawlessly..
    08-31-09 10:54 PM
    i cant get it to work, good thing I am geting a new one in the morning.
    09-01-09 09:29 PM
    Thanks for this, never fully got around to fixing mine.
    09-01-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD