Rumors are that the Niagara is probably going to be released May. Thinking of that, what will happen with the Storm if the Niagara being released if it is a huge hit? Will Verizon says screw it to the Storm and focus more on Niagara? I know RIM has a lot going on right now with that and everything else they are working on, but does this have to do with no official os being released for the 9530? I haven't had any big issues with my Storm, and I would be annoyed if something like that happens.
    03-20-09 09:04 PM
    not likely....
    It's gonna suck just like our Storm lol....
    03-20-09 09:06 PM
    Na i dont think this would apply.. Like mentioned in other forums I dont think there will be people waiting in line outside opening day for this phone like the storm.... As long as it is a VZW exclusive I dont see too much of a reason to stop making updates anytime soon!
    03-20-09 09:06 PM
    I doubt the niagra will be as popular as the storm and no RIM will not stop updates to any device I don't think that would be good for business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 09:41 PM
    Niagara will be much more popular than the Storm. Imagine all the businesses that will be ordering it, all the Curve users who will be upgrading, all the Storm owners who will be returning their devices.

Can't frickin wait.

03-20-09 09:54 PM
    I don't think they'll stop paying attention to the Storm, but they should probably just stop selling it. Go the way of Oldsmobile with that thing!

And, I'd like to hope that the Niagara isn't gonna suck like the storm, in fact, how's that even possible to suck that much!?
    03-20-09 09:56 PM
    The Storm and the Niagara are for different dermographic in my humble opinion. The Storm is for those who like the iPhone but don't want to sign up with AT&T. Niagara is to target the traditional BB customers (e.g. the Curve users).

I personally will not consider any phone that does not have full-screen landscape mode. That's the number one reason I bought the Storm, and the XV6800 before that, and the XV6700 before that.

Full-screen landscape mode is what the future is. Even Apple is adding the landscape keyboard to their new OS upgrade. Without the full-screen landscape mode, it seems to me is a step backward.
    03-20-09 10:00 PM
    Niagara will be much more popular than the Storm. Imagine all the businesses that will be ordering it, all the Curve users who will be upgrading, all the Storm owners who will be returning their devices.

Can't frickin wait.

what will make it better than the storm? the os will be new and buggy i am srue and the screen is the same which means dust, the storm is good just takes time.
    03-20-09 10:02 PM
    The Storm and the Niagara are for different dermographic in my humble opinion. The Storm is for those who like the iPhone but don't want to sign up with AT&T. Niagara is to target the traditional BB customers (e.g. the Curve users).

I personally will not consider any phone that does not have full-screen landscape mode. That's the number one reason I bought the Storm, and the XV6800 before that, and the XV6700 before that.

Full-screen landscape mode is what the future is. Even Apple is adding the landscape keyboard to their new OS upgrade. Without the full-screen landscape mode, it seems to me is a step backward.
    i agree... also the storm is my first bb and the reason i got it was because i was not to taken with the bold or the curve.
    03-20-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD