Just got an unlocked Storm Internet and MMS work.. somewhat. I'm having a problem with the MMS. I've seen other posts about this which say there is no solution for it but there has to be a solution for it.. When I receive pictures they come in small and blurry. Why is this? How can I fix it? I didn't have this problem with my Bold, Curve, or 8800. Please help.. thanks in advance.
    04-26-09 09:45 PM
    you aren't the only one having that problem, I am having the same problem. some seem to feel that it's an OS issue. I have tried every OS and fix out there so far to no avail. Hoping someone comes up with something soon, it's rather frustrating. What carrier do you have your storm on, and what OS are you running?
    04-26-09 10:05 PM
    Os 4.7.0.75
    04-26-09 10:13 PM
    I've not had occasion to test the MMS issue of not being able to forward MMS photos that were sent to me in an email or another MMS, but from what I've read, .132 fixes it. It did for a friend of mine who did the upgrade Friday.
    04-26-09 10:25 PM
    What does .132 fix?
    04-26-09 10:26 PM
    The MMS issue that I've read the most about deviates from yours a bit, and the fix worked on a storm that's on VZW. The problem I'm talking about is where if someone received a photo through an email for MMS, when it's forwarded to someone else, it only shows up as an empty box on the receiver's phone. It works fine with photos taken with the phone itself. My main point is that, one of the biggest fixes talked about .132 is an MMS fix. While your situation isn't quite the same, it's still an MMS issue, and I figure an upgrade couldn't hurt that for you. Besides, I stayed on .75 for months. Finally last week I upgraded to .122 and couldn't believe the difference. Then I upgraded to .132 this weekend. It's like the phone is completely new.

While I don't know the differnces between your unlocked phone and mine on VZW, I do know that the latest .132 leak is for the 9530, so it might work well for you.
    04-26-09 10:44 PM
    Oh, alright, thanks. I'll try that out later.. I had to order a usb cable for my storm because the guy I bought it from provided me a normal usb cable (the one that fits the other blackberries) so I can't connect it to my computer.
    04-26-09 10:47 PM
    No problem. Hope it helps you out. Here's a link for the article on CB. You should find all the links for the files and instructions there. Should be pretty straightforward.

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-4-7-...rry-storm-9530
    04-26-09 10:59 PM
    The MMS issue that I've read the most about deviates from yours a bit, and the fix worked on a storm that's on VZW. The problem I'm talking about is where if someone received a photo through an email for MMS, when it's forwarded to someone else, it only shows up as an empty box on the receiver's phone. It works fine with photos taken with the phone itself. My main point is that, one of the biggest fixes talked about .132 is an MMS fix. While your situation isn't quite the same, it's still an MMS issue, and I figure an upgrade couldn't hurt that for you. Besides, I stayed on .75 for months. Finally last week I upgraded to .122 and couldn't believe the difference. Then I upgraded to .132 this weekend. It's like the phone is completely new.

While I don't know the differnces between your unlocked phone and mine on VZW, I do know that the latest .132 leak is for the 9530, so it might work well for you.

While it's true that 132 fixes the forwarding issue with MMS it doesn't fix the issue that the OP brought up. The issue is the fact that when pics are recieved using mms, they are shrunk down to a very small size and are very blury. I have brought this topic up numerous times and everytime it gets brought back to the freaking forwarding isssue.

It's about the pics coming in smaller than they were when they are originally sent.

I explain it in this thread here..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...s-pics-208276/
    04-26-09 11:48 PM
    just send through e-mail bro..
    04-27-09 12:58 AM
    Yeah that's a possibility but it doesn't fix the MMS problem. I'm looking for a solution to THIS problem, not another method of receiving pictures.
    04-27-09 01:00 AM
    Exactly its a problem receiving not sending email isn't the Answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:11 AM
    UPDATE://

I tried using my bold and it seems to have the same problem now.. I receive mms images and they are small.. what could be wrong?
    06-05-09 05:38 PM
    UPDATE://

I tried using my bold and it seems to have the same problem now.. I receive mms images and they are small.. what could be wrong?

I mean I can't guarentee this..

however neither the bold or the storm are stock for t-mobile...

so if you running them on t-mobile this could very well be the issue..

it might not have the proper provisioning
    06-05-09 07:17 PM
    i'm on VZW with .148, and when i SEND MMS to my friend who has an LG dumbphone, the messages are really small. when i MMS his storm, they're not as small but they're still re-sized. at first i thought it was my network resizing the pix, but it seems like its other networks too.
    06-05-09 09:14 PM
    has anyone found a solution to this...just got a Storm and im running OS .148...when i send an MMS or receive one, I get it smaller than the original....any help would be good...thnx in advance
    03-20-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD