hey guys dont jump all over me for asking but i have had about 3 pearls in the past year and each one has had a memory problem im sure you are aware of, the having to do a bettery pull and erasing texts and calls and so forth. Almost everyone i know that has a pearl has the same problem and has gotten used to it. Does anyone know that with the expanded memory that the storm has will it be capable of not having to do a battery pull and have my info all erased, or should i just be expecting it?
    11-18-08 03:21 AM
    i believe that you will have 45-55 mb of flash memory
    11-18-08 03:25 AM
    I still don't understand why rim doesn't allow the os to point things to a external card... things like mms and sms could easily be pointed to the card IMO as a user selection maybe they will someday

I mean as long as the function was able to be disabled by a policy then the security risks for the business end don't change and they could even put a disclaimer on the device when selecting the option that its less secure just my 2 cents
    11-18-08 03:28 AM
    I agree, also third party apps should be able to be installed to a card. Or in the case of the Storm why not be able to use the internal 1 GB. I don't see how that is any less secure than the flash. Its not removable.
    11-18-08 03:42 AM
    I am guessing no one has done this yet so I am not sure it is possible. But is there any way that you can add a call from were the program should have loaded on the internal mem. and have that call goto the real program that is on the memory card??

Think of it this way you have shortcuts on your desktop that point to the real program something like that??

Or is there anyway to mod the existing OS to allow for programs to be put on the memory card?

Or making a shell program that allows you to load programs from it and those programs it knows to pull them from the mem. card?

Just some thoughts that have been rattling around in my head
    Last edited by WG; 11-18-08 at 04:25 AM.
    11-18-08 04:17 AM
    yea that does suck, so all the programs and mms and sms go straight to internal memory and the card is just for media?
    11-18-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD