I have a memory stick installed in my Storm, but for some reason everything saves on the hard drive. The stick is 8 GB and is completely unused. How to I transfer all of my apps, files, pics, videos, etc... over to the memory stick? I'm afraid all of the used memory is making my device run slower than it should be. Thanks for the help!
    10-13-09 12:00 PM
    Go to camera options and select save to card...that isn't retroactive though...you'll have to go through and manually move everything on the phone to the card....that should be fun...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 12:05 PM
    Mind if I ask how to go and manually move everything over? Is it only pictures or can I move other programs / files over also?
    10-13-09 12:15 PM
    Easiest way would prob be to connect your phone to the computer with mass storage enabled (I think this is necessary) and browse to your pictures, videos, music folders and simply cut and paste them to the memory card.
    As far as apps, you cannot install them on the memory card.

10-13-09 12:27 PM
    Just an FYI. You cannot move your applications to the media card.
    10-13-09 12:35 PM
    Plug your phone in, open up the two folders, drag the info from one to the other and you're done.
    10-13-09 01:16 PM
    Just an FYI. You cannot move your applications to the media card.
    I sure wish you could do that.
    10-13-09 03:40 PM
    when saving an item make sure the destination is memory card and not device memory
    10-13-09 04:03 PM
    BB limits app memory to 64Mb on the storm yet has an internal flash of 1Gb. Why wouldn't they make that used for app memory? My buddy's iPhone has over 80 apps WTFFFFF BB
    10-13-09 04:24 PM
    BB limits app memory to 64Mb on the storm yet has an internal flash of 1Gb. Why wouldn't they make that used for app memory? My buddy's iPhone has over 80 apps WTFFFFF BB
    80 apps...whatever...iPhone calls any link to a web site an app.
    10-13-09 04:28 PM
    I sure wish you could do that.
    x2

gottohavetencharacters
    10-13-09 08:57 PM
    yeah RIM doesn't do that.....ever.
    10-13-09 09:02 PM
    Wow I didn't know the storm came with a hard drive.......heheheh......... Just teasing. Nope there's no way unless you use a computer to move all files at once

10-13-09 09:41 PM
    have you not seen the BB app world??? Percentage wise, we've got way more "apps" that links it to a web site than the iphone...
    10-13-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD