ok so im new with the storm and was unsure how much memory i should have. this is what i have now.

application is at 14.4

device is at total 879.2
    free 874.8

mediacard is 7.3 with 7.3 free.

and i was also wondering hot to controle were items are placed as far as memory goes..

oh and one more thing does anyone have any idea how to get the top bezel that says blackberry off?

THANKS!
    04-06-09 11:24 PM
    First off memory will flucuate during the day as you use programs. I would do a battery pull for 15 seconds and see if your memory increases. 14 mg sounds a little low, but I don't know what apps your running. Secondly All media files such as pictures, music,videos etc should be placed on media card. You can check this by going to options, then selecting memory. Make sure media card support is enabled. I don't know anything about the bezel on the front where it says Blackberry. Why would you want to remove the bezel. Anyway, hope this answered some of your questions.

p.s. Device memory is where most of your regular data will be saved such as calender entries, emails,any word to go or similiar documents and contact info.
    Last edited by bronxlou; 04-07-09 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added a p.s.
    04-07-09 12:19 AM
    p.s. Device memory is where most of your regular data will be saved such as calender entries, emails, and contact info.
    Nope, app memory is where all of that is stored. The onboard 1GB and the Media Card can only hold docs you've saved individually or media (pics/music/ringtones).

Personal data, themes, applications installed all go on the app memory.
    04-07-09 12:53 AM
    ok.. well im pulling it off cause it has a bunch of scratchs and i oldered tools and new parts off line.. what is a 15 second batt pull? how do i do that?
    04-07-09 10:43 AM
    ok.. well im pulling it off cause it has a bunch of scratchs and i oldered tools and new parts off line.. what is a 15 second batt pull? how do i do that?
    Pull the battery out, count to fifteen, replace. Chicken soup!

p.s. click the link in my sig.
    04-07-09 10:46 AM
    I don't understand why you can't use all that memory on your media card to store apps. Just don't make sense to me. I have downloaded a number of good apps that I would like to keep but have to delete because I find another I want to try out. Is there any way to increase app memory
    01-07-10 09:39 PM
    I don't understand why you can't use all that memory on your media card to store apps. Just don't make sense to me. I have downloaded a number of good apps that I would like to keep but have to delete because I find another I want to try out. Is there any way to increase app memory
    No, that is a major flaw of the Storm 1
    01-07-10 09:49 PM
    Delete the stock applications that you don't use(ie;BB maps, Password Keeper, VZW Rhapsody, etc.) Delete everything you won't use regularly. Now you should have room for the apps YOU want!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD