I have look areound most threads and have not seen anyone have this problem with the media player volume control.

My two up down buttons that are used for volume controls skips to the next or previous songs. I would like for those control button to move the volume up and down.

Other than that I am having no other problems. I am running OS .85

Thanks
    01-10-09 04:03 PM
    Your problem is that you are probably holding down these buttons.
    To control volume with these, just tap them and let go. If you hold them down for even a full second, it will skip songs.
    Hope this helps!

-David
    01-10-09 04:05 PM
    Yea...I think I read that in the manual or tips user pamplet that came with it....
    01-10-09 04:15 PM
    Thanks but that is not the case. even if is just tap it goes to the next song.
    01-12-09 09:53 AM
    Glad I ran across this thread...this has been bugging me.

Ok, so tap it to adjust the volume, and hold in for a second to skip songs. Sounds cool in theory, but the sensitivity is so finicky that they should have put an option in the menu that makes the side up/down buttons control ONLY the volume. Poor thinking on RIM's part, but at least now that I know TAPPING it changes the volume, I can deal with it...thank you!
    02-26-09 10:27 PM
    Go to your Screen/Keyboard settings and lower your key rate. This will make it a larger difference between the tap and the hold. if it's too sensitive, even what feels like a tap to you, is a hold to the storm.
    02-26-09 10:36 PM
    Go to your Screen/Keyboard settings and lower your key rate. This will make it a larger difference between the tap and the hold. if it's too sensitive, even what feels like a tap to you, is a hold to the storm.
    Thanks!!!!
    That worked GREAT!! This was driving me nuts
    03-02-09 09:01 PM
    Wonderful! Now I m HAPPY! Thanks, Stormcrackers
    03-26-09 10:24 AM
    Your problem is that you are probably holding down these buttons.
    To control volume with these, just tap them and let go. If you hold them down for even a full second, it will skip songs.
    Hope this helps!

-David
    Thank you! I have been trying to find out about this for quite sometime. It certainly worked for me. I was pushing it down so hard at times hoping that the volume down would kick in... it was so loud it hurt and I was dispairing! Again thank you. I can now listen to all that music I loaded on!

Happy Storm User
    08-27-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD