I wanted to start a thread that I don't think has been explicitly started. If this has been discussed already then delete it but here goes:

I got my refurb Storm today. Upon checking to see if it was Canada or Mexico, it said Hungary... I was like wow this must be real crap. Then I started thinking, if this is a newer factory then maybe it has been built to fix the clicking and other issues.

Overall changes:

Screen is brighter, but seems duller. Upon comparison to my Mexico Storm I could tell the difference, but after a while I began to like the new screen. It is easier on my eyes and seems to be nicer somehow.. go figure.

There are larger gaps around the screen than my Mexico Storm. This was not an issue with my Canada model either. Well, its not really an issue, hopefully, but just an observation.

Biggest change! The physical buttons are no longer 3 pieces, but 1 long piece. It is much more solid and does not feel nearly as flimsy. Also, the button light up with the backlight. I find this VERY cool and helpful at night.

That's it so far. It came with .148 out of the box and ran extremely fast until I messed it up and had to wipe and decided to load 5.0. I find this Hungary Storm to have a much higher build quality and I love the new buttons!

Anyone else noticed these things or have a Hungary model???
    07-28-09 05:51 PM
    THIS IS HUNGARY!

Could you possibly post pics of said new 1 long piece button? Sounds nice. Mine is a Mexico, btw.
    07-28-09 05:56 PM
    Somebody else had one from Hungary a few weeks ago. Glad you're liking it.
    07-28-09 06:30 PM
    Here are some pics of the long button, the buttons lighted, and the lcd differences.

Oh, and the cracked screen storm is my old one

07-28-09 06:50 PM
    07-28-09 06:51 PM
    same thing happened to me basically they said tough luck. so the next day i called in for the clicking screen.

look at the difference in the flash. 2 different colors.
    Last edited by LOGITEC; 07-28-09 at 07:07 PM.
    07-28-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD