ok, so I know i can not back up my 3rd party apps with my mac. I do not have any versions of pc running with my mac to do so. I would much like to upgrade OTA. Will I DEFINITELY lose my apps with upgrade or will it be i just MAY lose them. If I do lose them does blackberry's app world keep my log so I would not have to repurchase?
    I have seen some posts that say the will be gone and others that have said they stayed.
    06-02-09 09:53 AM
    MAc user here too. I did the ota last night as I had some issues with installing bootcamp. I had to delete a ton of stuff in order to make room on my device to handle the backup process the phone goes through prior to install. And no sadly app world did NOT keep a record of everything I purchased. My advice is to either use a friends Windoze machine, or install it via BootCamp. Its much much quicker and allows you to back up your 3rd party apps.

Just read another post regarding AppWorld. It does save your apps. After doing the upgrade, open AppWorld and log in via the BBmenu button. It was all there.
    Last edited by glamboi666; 06-02-09 at 10:08 AM.
    06-02-09 10:00 AM
    i'm sorry for being dumb, is bootcamp something I put on the mac or the bb? I have heard of it but dont quite understand. . I don't have access to any windows discs to install on my mac
    06-02-09 10:09 AM
    here's to hoping! *crossing my fingers*
    06-02-09 10:11 AM
    If you're on a Mac, definitely use Bootcamp to load Windows and do the OS upgrade. It will not work with Parallels Desktop, I know that first hand.
    06-02-09 03:45 PM
    it might work with VMWare..
    06-02-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD