Anyone else have this problem; when I type on my Storm 9530 sometimes the keyboard highlights the wrong letter which forces me to type the wrong words. For instance; I try to type "to" and instead of highlighting "t" it highlights and selects "space" and leaves me with "t o" or something of that nature depending on the sentence. Anyone have any idea whats happening and if there is a fix for this?
    My screen/keyboard settings are:
    Key Rate: Fast
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100
    Swipe Sensitivity: (High) 6
    01-18-10 12:54 PM
    This happens to me sometimes. I usually find it happen when my hands are a a little sweaty (Usually from playing video games). I assume it is from the moisture on the screen. Usually I just wipe the screen down with one of those anti static cloths and all is good.
    01-18-10 06:04 PM
    my fingers are fat...I have to aim a bit left of the letter...this is frustrating the **** outa me..Im reading the new OS has given the 9530 a raised highlighted letter feature....
    01-18-10 06:48 PM
    First, the new OS is great...I use the popup letters and find it much easier. Also make sure your auto spellcheck and auto correction are on, this will automatically fix most words where a letter or two are wrong.

As for it hitting space when you're on T, I suspect that is because your other thumb is resting near the space bar...when you click down on the screen its registering that other touch rather than the one on the T. Sweat on the screen will also cause this as the other poster mentioned.

If all this fails you, then if your phone is still under warranty, go get a replacement.
    01-18-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD