My dad got this off ebay ( yeah i know...) and it was unlocked so that he could use it for T-Mobile. The phone kept turning off and rebooting like it would randomly go black and then the red light would come one and it'd take like 5 minutes to reboot. He got really annoyed and I took the phone cause my old one is really janky. And now we're trying to figure out why it keeps rebooting. The version is v4.7.0.75 and we have no internet on it so I got nothing downloaded on this thing. I love this phone but it gets so annoying like it keeps doing this at least 5 times an hour. First I thought it was the battery so I TAPED the battery so it wouldn't move around, but apparently that's not it. Eh I really don't want to go back my old phone! Someone help?
    05-20-09 03:39 PM
    05-20-09 04:26 PM
    IMO .75 is a Horrible OS.
    05-20-09 04:34 PM
    Any 3rd party apps or themes installed? They are sometimes to blame
    05-20-09 04:54 PM
    That's why it was on ebay. You got somebody else's headache.
    05-20-09 05:18 PM
    That's why it was on ebay. You got somebody else's headache.
    This is the God's honest truth. I went through three phones from verizon before settling on the one I currently use. One in particular would reboot constantly, using the same programs from the same backup. It's a hardware issue. You may not be able to fix it with OS updates. Good luck.
    05-20-09 05:26 PM
    I have/had this problem what i did that seemed to help was pull the battery out for about 1 minute before putting back in. After that my resets cut down dramatically. Good luck
    05-20-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD