I have had problems with my storm locking up and the touch screen not working properly and not responding. Many times I have to pull the battery. The other day I was so frustrated because I could not even make a call.
    I called verizon and they sent me another one, but it has the same problems. It seems unlikely I got 2 bad phones, are these problems common or is it just me?
    04-14-09 09:57 AM
    What OS are you running?

I would try upgrading to a leaked OS before jumping ship on the Storm. It really IS a good device. :]
    04-14-09 09:58 AM
    These problems are pretty common. Check out the forums and you'll see some people have replaced their devices up to 8 times before being what they called satisfied.
    04-14-09 09:58 AM
    As a note if your device gets replaced 3 times in a 90 day period, they will give you the option of switching to another device or receiving a new retail packaged storm. I chose the later, the new storm I received was free of defect and working 100% to the .75 OS's ability.
    04-14-09 10:09 AM
    If you have two phones doing the same thing, then start looking for anything that has remained constant between both phones. i.e. 3rd party apps you've installed.

Delete ALL 3rd party apps, and leave the phone like that for about a day. If the problem goes away, then pick ONE (1) app to reinstall, and reinstall it. Run your phone like that for a day or two and see how things work. Then repeat the process, one app at a time, with a testing period between, until you find the problem app.
    04-14-09 10:13 AM
    These problems are very common, accept them or get a different phone.
    04-14-09 10:15 AM
    These problems are pretty common. Check out the forums and you'll see some people have replaced their devices up to 8 times before being what they called satisfied.

Yep pretty much have to agree, It's like the flu.....
    04-14-09 10:17 AM
    .113 = much better phone performance all-around.
    If not at least pull the battery first thing in the morning, BEFORE any problems with the phone occur.
    04-14-09 10:21 AM
    Upgrade your OS.
    04-14-09 10:25 AM
    Upgrade your OS.
    .75 is the latest OS, he most likely has it. Other builds have not been released because they drop (fail to ring) calls.
    04-14-09 10:29 AM
    .75 is the latest OS, he most likely has it. Other builds have not been released because they drop (fail to ring) calls.
    There are many of us on CB that are running .113, .114, .122 or some hybrid that don't have any problems with MMS or non-ringing phones, or a lot of the common issues that cripple .75.

I did replace my Storm twice before getting one with a good screen. The others didn't click much at all.

OP, do some troubleshooting like was suggested (removing all 3rd party apps). If you're having mechanical problems with the screen not clicking then you definitely need a new phone.

If you have the patience to get through these first few frustrating hiccups, you'll be very pleased with this phone.
    04-14-09 10:36 AM
    I have been using .113 with little to no problems.
    04-14-09 10:40 AM
    My dad had the storm. I was always fixing it for him. It was always messing up. I hated his phone. He actually couldn't stand it and got a "dumb phone" instead. Gave up on blackberry all together just because the storm happens to SUCK! What PITA. The worst BB ever.........IMO.
    Keep in mind I have experince on a friends Iphone touch, so I know how to use a touch and a bb too and STILL had major issues with this piece!
    04-14-09 10:45 AM
    Guys.. please know that the original poster is the "norm" this is what alot of people have/feel when they get the phone.

i can do a few searches and find a TON of posts when this phone first came out stating to NOT use the touchscreen to answer calls.. use the green button.

Reason to use green button from fanboys "Thats why it's there" Real reason... the touchscreen was sometimes unresponsive and VERY laggy.. to the point it might change orientation when you are trying to pick up a call and boom.. you hit the hang up button on the screen..

Again.. this guy is new and just stating/feeling how a lot of us felt MONTHS ago.. Once he finds a beta that doesn't hose his phone or crash it more often he will be much happier.. And installing betas for *MOST* People is not a walk in the park..
    04-14-09 10:46 AM
    Back under your bridge, CK!
    You are mixing up your CBers.

ANYWAYS to the OP try some of the leaked OSs they are quite good, I can recommend 113 and 122. Check my Sig for the files.
    04-14-09 10:46 AM
    I am a new blackberry user and found that .122 OS has been the most stable one so far. Yes it has it's small issues, but very stable.
    04-14-09 10:49 AM
    Gave up on blackberry all together just because the storm happens to SUCK! What PITA. The worst BB ever.........IMO.
    Keep in mind I have experince on a friends Iphone touch, so I know how to use a touch and a bb too and STILL had major issues with this piece!
    I can do ANYTHING on my Storm that you can! Can you do anything that I can??
    04-14-09 10:55 AM
    These problems are very common, accept them or get a different phone.
    I can't say it better myself.. I just wish I could tell customers that lol
    04-14-09 10:58 AM
    No it is not junk.

Still on my first one, which is running splendidly.

Moderate amount of third-party apps, decent amount of email flow, and very happy.
    04-14-09 11:04 AM
    Guys.. please know that the original poster is the "norm" this is what alot of people have/feel when they get the phone.
    A) No it's not
    B) It's "a lot" (two words)
    C) Consider for a moment that you're far more likely to be vocal about something if it isn't working for you as opposed to if it's working exactly as you wanted

i can do a few searches and find a TON of posts when this phone first came out stating to NOT use the touchscreen to answer calls.. use the green button.

Reason to use green button from fanboys "Thats why it's there" Real reason... the touchscreen was sometimes unresponsive and VERY laggy.. to the point it might change orientation when you are trying to pick up a call and boom.. you hit the hang up button on the screen..
    It's both actually. Simply from a UI standpoint, the "answer" button on the screen makes absolutely no sense. There's a dedicated hardware button for that function, so why you need to duplicate that functionality with a button on the screen is really beyond me, but just because you want to separate the world into "fanboys" and "non-fanboys" doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of merit to the "fanboy" claim that that's what the hardware button is for.

Maybe you should take a moment to consider that you're basically a "fanboy" yourself... Only you're a "fanboy" for the idea that the Storm is a bad product. You're just as bad as the "fanboys" you try and disparage.

Again.. this guy is new and just stating/feeling how a lot of us felt MONTHS ago.. Once he finds a beta that doesn't hose his phone or crash it more often he will be much happier.. And installing betas for *MOST* People is not a walk in the park..
    Aside from having to enter in a CAPITCHA code on a site like Megaupload, installing a leaked build is pretty much exactly the same as installing an official build (ignoring OTA updates for the moment). It has been documented here quite extensively, to the point where if you can comprehend basic English, and follow simple instructions, you'll be just fine. I'm about as tired of this learned helplessness with computers as I am people trolling here. I don't care if you believe there was some sort of divine intervention responsible for the rise of the human race, or we're just a giant cosmic fluke, the point is the human brain is capable of complex reasoning abilities, and so to intentionally avoid using them... If you believe in some kind of a divine creator, it seems rather insulting to this deity to throw this great gift back in its face, and if you think we're just some cosmic fluke, then you should be sterilized for the good of the species. Actually, if I had my way people would be sterilized regardless of what they believe should they choose to be intellectually lazy. I'm very equal opportunity that way.

And to pkcable... No... I'm not confusing anyone. RC is one of CK's less original personae. "CK" can't post in any Storm forums except rants and raves, so he has 3-4 other aliases to do his trolling with... One of them is RC.
    04-14-09 11:06 AM
    yeah you need to upgrade your OS fo sho
    04-14-09 11:13 AM
    I find it a bit funny how the posters who bashed the Storm problems in this thread ARE ALL Curve owners. lol
    04-14-09 11:18 AM
    yeah you need to upgrade your OS fo sho
    .75 is the latest and greatest, if another build was worth releasing they would have by now.
    04-14-09 12:09 PM

Aside from having to enter in a CAPITCHA code on a site like Megaupload, installing a leaked build is pretty much exactly the same as installing an official build (ignoring OTA updates for the moment).
    Ya grabbing a file of Megaupload and installing it is practically an official release LOL nothing insecure or unwise about that!
    LOL

What a complete novice....
    04-14-09 12:13 PM
    Ya grabbing a file of Megaupload and installing it is practically an official release LOL nothing insecure or unwise about that!
    LOL

What a complete novice....
    A signed self-extracting archive is a difficult thing to fake.
    04-14-09 12:18 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD