Hello,

I have a Storm that I've been using for over 4 months, everything works flawlessly except about a month ago the screen started to act up a bit in its responsiveness.

Sometimes it works great and other times I have to press the screen a few times before it responds. Anyway, I bought a 8900 from eBay seeing that the issues were frustrating me too much.

So now my dilemma is this, I have a Storm sitting in my bag that had I lived in the US I could simply take to Verizon and have it replaced with a refurb (probably). However I live in the Bahamas, so that's not going to happen.

My question is this, can I sell this Storm on eBay for a great low price to someone in the US and they can then take it to Verizon and have it replaced?

This way there is still some value to the unit, otherwise it's going to rot in my bag.

TIA.
    07-24-09 07:44 AM
    do you have services with verizon? if not, then no you cant exchanges it. My only suggestion is to sell and the buyer to add a insurance on the phone and trow the damn phone in the lake for replacement, lmao.
    07-24-09 09:06 AM
    do you have services with verizon? if not, then no you cant exchanges it. My only suggestion is to sell and the buyer to add a insurance on the phone and trow the damn phone in the lake for replacement, lmao.
    New customer won't be able to get VZW insurance. New buyer could activate it and go to a VZW store for a $50 replacement (since it's under 1 year).
    07-24-09 09:29 AM
    Just sell it for a great low price on ebay or craigslist and let the buyer worry about that . Hopefully you can recoup some of the money you've already lost.

Not sure if someone would want a buggy phone but hey what the heck. They may be able to sell it back to a wholesaler for more doe.
    07-25-09 10:50 AM
    New customer won't be able to get VZW insurance. New buyer could activate it and go to a VZW store for a $50 replacement (since it's under 1 year).
    it works for me, and i activated a use storm. vzw must love me then.
    07-25-09 10:53 AM
    This is dishonest. If your going to sell it, you'd better be perfectly honest about it.

I'm not sure if Verizon would accept a return of any sort on such a phone. I wouldn't if I were them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 02:18 PM
    You might want to check out yourenew.com to see what they will give you for it. Just an option..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD