i got my storm yesterday, and all ready its being returned, and a new one is being delivered,

say in a months time, i have problems again with my storm! (thats if i still have it) will i be able to get a replacement, even though my 14 day guarantee is up?
    11-18-08 01:55 PM
    Should be able too if it's an issue with the device there is also a warranty right? I mean the 14 day is with your carrier but there should be a warranty from RIM as well.
    11-18-08 01:57 PM
    In the UK my understanding is the 14day is a "Cooling Off", ie. change your mind, regardless of the reason and you can cancel phone and or contract. However if the phone is faulty, you're covered for a year say. Problem is you then can't cancel contract, nor opt out of phone but have to wait for the phone to be repaired.

In the UK there's a sale of goods act that can cause havoc with the above, but its a brave man who tries to stand upto a big company with lots of lawyers.
    11-18-08 02:01 PM
    How come you are getting it replaced already?
    11-18-08 02:05 PM
    ok cheers guy's, thats good because im happy with my contract, jst need to sort the phone out!
    11-18-08 02:05 PM
    Second this question
    11-18-08 02:06 PM
    mine has had a problem changing from landscape to potrait or vice versa, sometimes it works fine and then other times it wont budge!

which is annoyin if i am trying to send a text, and i want the full keyboard!
    11-18-08 02:06 PM
    mine does the same, i think its a software fault buddy
    11-18-08 02:45 PM
    i have a sneaking suspicion that VZW Storm users will be up in arms about bugs with the storm. BB had better already be working on a software update...
    11-18-08 02:50 PM
    Verizon took care of me plenty of times even when my original warranty was gone.
    11-18-08 02:52 PM
    Based on the limited hands on time I had at my corp store, i don't think that is gonna be the case. I think VZW made a great choice by waiting for a build that they were satisfied with before release. Based only on the reviews/gripes posted here by our UK brethren, I'd say Voda screwed things up in a big way.
    11-18-08 02:53 PM
    I think the vzw is going to be released with a newer OS. I heard rumours of up to .81, but it will probably be .71 opposed to the UK/current .65
    11-18-08 02:53 PM
    mine does the same, i think its a software fault buddy
    yeah possibly, when i phoned voda up today, the woman on the phone said i was the first person to complain about this to her, so maybe mite be a slight few with this problem
    11-18-08 02:54 PM
    i have a sneaking suspicion that VZW Storm users will be up in arms about bugs with the storm. BB had better already be working on a software update...
    I went to the Chicago First look / First Touch event today and saw some of the same issues. I liked the phone but the software is a problem. The version was .65 and the director of biz for RIM said that all new phones would be released in the US with .70 and that issues would be fixed. Not wure if I beleive him or not yet but we'll see. I'm going to play with mine IN THE STORE before I take it home.
    11-18-08 02:57 PM
    Based on the limited hands on time I had at my corp store, i don't think that is gonna be the case. I think VZW made a great choice by waiting for a build that they were satisfied with before release. Based only on the reviews/gripes posted here by our UK brethren, I'd say Voda screwed things up in a big way.
    they have screwed up! and they know it! took ages to get through to them on the phone!
    11-18-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD