I have had my Storm for a few weeks and generally had no major problems. However, I did notice some issues yesterday and today.

First and foremost the battery. Up until yesterday the battery has been fine. Last nigth I noticed it was very low and I had not used the phone that much. Today after just 3 hours and only 2 phone calls I'm at 70% battery life. I'm running the 4.7.0.75 version of the OS (I'm a new BB user and a little hesitant to upgrade without an official release). Should I go ahead and upgrade or is there some other issue I need to address? I have weatherbug running but updating only every few hours and google maps is intalled on my phone.

Another issue I have noticed is when I'm trying to send a text or email and I hold the menu key to send it brings up an icon which allows me to toggle between screens. Isn't this supposed to be a shortcut key to send?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    12-30-08 10:16 AM
    Can't speak to the 1st issue, but as for the 2nd issue, you're prob. just holding the BB button down for too long. Holding it down for like a second brings up the application switcher, but just tapping it brings up the menu.
    12-30-08 10:19 AM
    first...push and hold the BB button...look through the open apps and close unnecessary ones by going to them and hitting the BB button then close.

it's possible one of your apps is eating at your battery.

second...the 4.7.0.75 OS worked for me 100%...was getting almost 1.5-2 days even with heavy use out of it. Going to .85 so far seems identical...a little better possibly. It's the improvements in speed that I love. Lock/Unlock are near immediate. It locks the screen completely off when locked...only hard keys work... I have no issues whatsoever with .85...and it's always just as easy to revert back to previous versions. I say go for it, try and if you don't like it, go back.

And third...thanks for the shortcut I didn't realize... Holding the BB button does pull the open apps up...didn't realize that. Just tap it and you'll get your menu.
    12-30-08 01:03 PM
    OP - the battery life on the Storm was pretty bad if you were running .65 or .75. Upgrade to .85 and you'll see a difference. I understand your reluctance to wait for an official release but you can always go back to the OS you were running before if you need to. As for te BB key - the menu button isn't a shortcut to send. Someone already posted it but it brings up the application switcher. You might want to take a look at it though to see what you have open in the background. Also - check your application memory (menu - options - memory). Make a note of the mb number and then pull the battery and restart the phone. Look at your memory again - if it's significantly higher - you might want to think about doing battery pulls once or twice daily.
    12-30-08 01:24 PM
    And - an easier way to send messages is to swipe the keyboard down and hit the send envelope.
    12-30-08 01:25 PM
    And - an easier way to send messages is to swipe the keyboard down and hit the send envelope.
    It's really the same number of moves to swipe the keyboard down and hit the envelope as to hit the BB button and click send. And I'm saying this as a fan of swiping the keyboard down and hitting the envelope.

I just wish there would be an option that allowed you to send on a hard return. That would be sweet.
    12-31-08 08:12 AM
    I just realized that if you double tap the BB Menu key it sends your message. This is much better!
    12-31-08 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD