Hi everyone. I just got the storm the otherday and I'm having trouble dealing with a few of its quirks. maybe someone here can tell me if theres a way around them.

1. I find that when I press the red power key to hang up it takes far to long to disconnect usually disconnecting only when the other person hangs up first. (embarassing when you dial the wrong number by mistake and it wont hang up)

2. 99 percent of the time my 3G is in lower case "3g" meaning its not got reception but when I reset its connected. If I leave it for a while and look again its gone again until I reset. This would be almost ok if it didnt take so long to reboot. I got soft reset which is better than pulling the battery but maybe I'm missing some internet setting?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    12-15-08 05:53 AM
    Verizon network I assume as thats what most are. Have you tried dialing *228 then selecting option 2 to update your phones roaming capabilities? as for the power/end call button issues I have not had any problems. Give it a quick click and be done with it.
    12-15-08 06:24 AM
    He is on Voda and not VZW different issues. The End button is a hardware issue and dialing *228 ain't gonna fix nothing.

Question is your 3G always lower case or does it change when you move around the location your at?
    12-15-08 06:38 AM
    Its lower case, then upper case after I reset, but I did notice that when I went out onto the road at work it picked up signal without a reset. Its just strange that it should get it after a reset in most areas and then be gone again if I leave the phone for a few minutes. I'm in Australia so its probably just a crappy network here or something.
    12-15-08 06:49 AM
    Thats what it sounds like the signal is strong here...then when you move it loses strength....what kind of building are you in?????
    12-15-08 06:51 AM
    At work its just a business park style building, thin walls and glass. At home its an old brick apartment. but I get the same problem all over town, generally getting online after I reset. I've got the soft reset app on the convenience key now, seems dodgy but what can you do.
    12-15-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD