I never get on here and complain but I have a 9530 which is basically useless to me because I can rarely charge it. I'm aware of the issues people have been having and brought the phone to the local verizon store. The only tech guy working couldn't be less interested in my issue telling me "you shouldnt use a car charger or usb charge to charge your phone." Really?! WTF are those cable for then and how does that help me fix my issue? The wall charger works intermitently so basically I have a storm that can charge sometimes. He gave me a new USB charger which, surprise, didn't work. I can't sync with my computer or any computer at this point. Never mind the fact that the phone's battery dies in about two hours because it sits there with that spinning "busy" icon for 30 minutes at a time. Oh yeah, his answer to that was that I shouldn't run more than two apps at a time. I have the most recent official OS running on it.
    I'm contacting Verizon directly tonight and demanding a replacement or they can kiss my *** good bye. I've been a customer since Bell Atlantic Mobile, 1992. And yes, I have insurance. Thanks for letting me rant here! I feel better.
    12-10-09 09:29 PM
    Easily fixable. The battery problem anyway. You have to do a master reset. Before you do that though make sure you can sync up your contacts. You'll lose your third party apps, contacts, messages, and so forth but it will fix your battery problem. The charging problem is probable due to the OS update on v 5. That is a known issue. Unplug and replug until the charge light comes on. Hopefully they will fix tht in the next update.

Hope this helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 09:41 PM
    Oh and you are probable losing memory due to a memory leak which is causing the egg timer to spin a while. Download quickpull and have it automatically reboot your phone everyday.

12-10-09 09:43 PM
    These were the same problems i was having with my storm after about 2 months of owning it. I just recently found out from crackberry that it might have been bogged down due to apps i had loaded, which were causing bugs, and why i was getting the "loading square icon" everytime i would try to do anything on the device. as for the battery issue this also happened to me. but i didnt try and fix it i just jumped ship to a windows mobile device (bug wise no better). goodluck with trying to fix your device though. you could always jump on board with the 9700 bold were here for you lol.
    12-10-09 09:47 PM
    Thanks guys. I have quickpull which was a fix for a while but no longer helps the charging issue. I've scoured these forums for over a week and tried just about everything I could find with going to the verizon store "the last ditch effort."
    I do like the storm and wouldn't mind trying the storm 2 but this customer service experience was just horrible. And I can't back up any of my contacts or data because it wont connect to any computer. ARG!
    12-10-09 10:02 PM
    Take it to a different corporate store and say that you are having issues and you want the phone either replaced or the issue resolved because the blackberry is not performing as promised by Verizon or RIM and that you need the storm to charge when it is plugged in to a charging source. That pulling the battery is not an adequate answer and not a reasonable solution and that they are failing to meet their promise of reasonable service through the device that they have supplied you.

It worked for me when I had similar problems after the update to .238 and the replacement they supplied doesn't have the same issues with charging that my phone had.
    12-10-09 11:13 PM
    Had the same type of issue with my BB flip, freezing up, held a horrible charge, I went thru 2 of them in my 30 day grace period, would of Been a 3rd but I wasn't at home in time to return it. Needless to say after talking to multiple reps, managers ect. They just gave me a different phone. I'm not saying call and bug them for a free phone, but if the one you have is junk and its there fault... Thanm they should to at least try to help you.

12-10-09 11:16 PM
    Call on the phone...tell the issues....have them send you a replacement.

Don't even bother going in to the stores. Hit and miss.

If you get an unhelpful person hanging up and calling back is easier than trying to go to a different store usually and much less time consuming.
    12-10-09 11:18 PM
    Do you have mass storage mode enabled? Are you using the BB charger that came with the phone or a knockoff from ebay? When you say latest OS, you do mean .328 right?
    12-10-09 11:19 PM
    I can't find the horrific experience the thread title indicated.

12-11-09 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD