Can anyone comment as to the inventory levels in the UK and whether the Vodaphone stores are sold out or not?

I don't really understand the post on boygeniusreport.com as it applies to my question: "If you weren�t one of the people who had the foresight to pre-order the Storm then chalk this up as life lesson."

So are they sold out?
    11-14-08 12:02 PM
    I'm at work (vodafone) now.

We're not sold out in telesales/upgrades etc.

And I (as csutoemr service) have even put orders through for customers who want to buy the phone outright. Admittedly they wont get it till Monday. But they are paying �372 for it... I've not been in a store so not sure how this comapares to the instore price. Anyone any ideas?
    11-14-08 12:07 PM

And I (as csutoemr service) have even put orders through for customers who want to buy the phone outright. Admittedly they wont get it till Monday. But they are paying �372 for it... I've not been in a store so not sure how this comapares to the instore price. Anyone any ideas?
    For anybody wondering, that would be $550.53 retail US $$s to us....
    11-14-08 12:12 PM

You can buy the handset outright ??? I was told on the eforum it was contract only ?

Are the handsets only, unlocked ?
    11-14-08 12:14 PM
    Can anyone comment as to the inventory levels in the UK and whether the Vodaphone stores are sold out or not?

I don't really understand the post on boygeniusreport.com as it applies to my question: "If you weren�t one of the people who had the foresight to pre-order the Storm then chalk this up as life lesson."

So are they sold out?
    I did have the foresight to pre-order it, but still don't have one. I don't think Vodafone really know what is going on. Over at the Vodafone eForum there are quite a few phone and internet pre-orderers who are without a Storm at the end of today.

Interestingly, I was contacted by a friend of mine who works in the UK computer press asking if I had my phone, when I told him I didn't he said that was interesting, because he was getting calls from people reporting problems getting them from Vodafone retail outlets.

The Storm is not off to a good start in the UK I'm afraid.
    11-14-08 12:23 PM
    I ordered the Storm at around 2pm from Vodafone telephone sales. There was stock at the time and I am assured it will arrive tomorrow (Sat) am.

Unfortunately my port authorisation code (to transfer my number from O2 to Vodafone) will take until Tuesday late morning (so the sales guy stated).

As such it seems the Storm may not be so stimulating until Tuesday. At least it will get a good charge.

I played with one in the shop earlier today, which iss where I learnt that only people who pre-ordered had stock waiting for them.

Re: the Storm

There is a noticeable gap at the top of the screen.

There is a lag/delay but i expect this will be ironed out by a firmware update.

The press technology is excellent, but the keys are still quite small in landscape and i am wondering if the whole touch/push approach is for me?.

I waited until today to order as I have been conflicted between Storm and Bold for weeks. I am still conflicted but I have made a choice....

David
    11-14-08 12:25 PM
    I have been trying to confirm the sales over there. Did they have a strong supply or was this just a small intro?
    A rumer I heard for U.S.: was they pushed back the release one week to allow for more supply to hit the stores at once for better customer service:
    11-15-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD