Sometime after loading LaunchPad or QuickPull, I note that my Home Screen Time and Date are double-imaging, with the front values in white and correct and the rear values offset slightly, grey, and wrong. Battery pull was no help. On screen lock, my Home Screen bottom row of icons shows through in Portrait view. I have stuck with 4.7.0.75. Is it worth a wipe, or should I just wait for the new release ?

Doctor Neutron
    01-14-09 07:32 PM
    If you have isolated the problem starting with the loading of a 3rd party app, stands to reason that removing them might solve the problem.

Are you still running LaunchPad/QuickPull? If so, dump them and see what happens and whether the problem corrects itself without these apps.

If this does not work, you could try a wipe depending on how well you are versed with the storm and your computer. You could also go to your local store if all else fails.

Issues like these are a real bummer and joy kill so I hope you are able to resolve this.

Good luck and please do report back here and let us know how it goes!

BTW: Just in case you decide to go for the wipe, here is the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-14-09 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Adding a Link
    01-14-09 07:40 PM
    I did remove LaunchPad, which I suspected was the culprit. Did real battery pull. No joy. Stubbornly keeping QuickPull. Could not do backup, even following Browser cache clearing. Again, backup halts at Clock Options as about 2 weeks ago. In the middle of a wipe. I'll let you know soon what's up.

-----------------------------

Got through wipe. Double imaging of time and date and bottom icons showing through following screen lock all GONE. Please allow me to state a couple of simple observations that I'm sure many experts are aware of: (1) following a wipe, if your radios are OFF, just try to call any #, for example, 832 - you will be lead to get radios on; (2) if you can't find your Browser, don't panic - you may just need to either call VZN or visit BlackBerry Internet Service and get your service books back; (3) finally, after you patiently get your look and feel back 95% of the way you want it, don't mess around doing anything BEFORE you do a BACKUP !

Rooster: thanks for the kind encouragements.

------------------------------------

Monday, 19-jan-09: the Double Imaging of Time and Date is back, so it is not LaunchPad and may be QuickPull. Also included in this symptom is that my single row of Home Screen icons (back out all the way until only this single row is seen) are again showing right through when I do a screen lock, along with the usual user ID info I have previously entered.

Again, I am using 4.7.0.75 and I have never tried any of the leaked newer versions.

Doctor Neutron

There is NO DOUBLE-Imaging or bleed-through of my bottom row of icons upon entry into screen lock - I stupidly picked up a screen-shot of my entire screen, not just its background, moved it from media memory to system memory and declared it as my home screen. Dumb ! Sorry for all the fuss !
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-20-09 at 08:52 PM. Reason: correction to state the truth
    01-14-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD