I just got my Storm 4 days ago, had a 8830 plus several Windows. Mobile machines. Before. I think that the storm has the best keyboard of them all. The keys on the 8830 were just too small. Had trouble the first day. I was trying to select the word from the list and then click it. Then I found that it was better to select the word and hit enter. Very fast that way. I did notice that on the full keyboard that it seems to be calibrated for two hands only. Any attempt to use one is a disaster. I also think this web site could be more BlackBerry friendly. Can hardly see what I am doing.
    12-23-08 06:49 PM
    My sidekick II I had wayyy back in the day trumps all other keyboards on any phone. Also the older treos 600, 650, 700, 750 all had pretty nice keyobards. The centro was decent but it was a lot smaller.
    12-23-08 06:53 PM
    Well I feel you have to distinguish between categories of keyboards to make a fair comparison. I find that the Storms qwerty keyboard is the most satisfying of the touchscreen variety. The iPod touch is slightly more accurate but doesn't "feel" as good. I'm hooked on a feeling.
    My old Moto Q was a chore to peck with although it was a cinch to type with one hand- you can't do that as easily with the Storm (mainly cause of the weight).
    My only concern is that now that I've gotten used to the tactile feedback... I'm gonna break my iPod I've found myself pushing on the screen a couple times. Is this what they mean by iPhone/Touch killer?
    12-23-08 07:15 PM
    This is more BB friendly. Go to wap.crackberry.com.
    12-23-08 07:18 PM
    My only concern is that now that I've gotten used to the tactile feedback... I'm gonna break my iPod I've found myself pushing on the screen a couple times. Is this what they mean by iPhone/Touch killer?
    Your right LOL IPhone Killer
    12-23-08 07:26 PM
    Storm is my first BB, but I have to say the Storm keyboard is probably the best keyboard I have ever used. Typing this in portrait on the Storm right now actually, and I've realized the autocorrect could use some work, as it doesn't always realize what I'm trying to say when I miss and hit the letter next to the one I was aiming for, but it is a million miles above my previous phone (an LG voyager) which despite having a full hardware QWERTY keyboard wasn't nearly as much of a joy to type on. The autocorrect on the Storm is most helpful when it fills in long words for me, which saves me enough time to just about make up for any decrease in my typing speed; which is barely noticeable. The horizontal keyboard is definitely made for two hands as you said, and as others have mentioned, it helps to keep your thumbs on their respective sides. That has helpe me keep my errors to a minimum. This is the first phone I've had that doesn't have a "real" keyboard, and after using this phone for the past week, I'm never going back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by imaudihere; 12-23-08 at 07:56 PM.
    12-23-08 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD