My storm frequently drops calls several minutes into a call. My signal strength is great so I think it has something to do with the phone, not the network.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. upgraded to .85

2. set mobile network option to "1XEV" instead of "Global"

3. installed and using TalkLock

4. several calls to *228, option 2

5. turned off all notifications from email, sms, etc. during calls

6. millions of battery pulls.

This really bugs me. I may have to get rid of my storm if I can't resolve this. Love everything else about it.

Any advice is HIGHLY appreciated.

Mike
    01-11-09 09:49 AM
    did you ever have this problem before getting this phone? If no, I would get another one
    01-11-09 09:50 AM
    No....I never had this problem before when I was using a Palm Treo (with Verizon in the same exact location (my office)).
    01-11-09 09:52 AM
    you got a bad phone
    01-11-09 10:05 AM
    Your Storm is a tsunami; get a new one.
    01-11-09 10:54 AM
    I have issues while talking on my storm - every call gets muted, flashed or hung up on. It seems to be over sensitive if it touches my cheek. Is there some sort of upgrade or lock feature that when you are talking this does not happen?
    02-27-09 12:17 PM
    My storm frequently drops calls several minutes into a call. My signal strength is great so I think it has something to do with the phone, not the network.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. upgraded to .85

2. set mobile network option to "1XEV" instead of "Global"

3. installed and using TalkLock

4. several calls to *228, option 2

5. turned off all notifications from email, sms, etc. during calls

6. millions of battery pulls.

This really bugs me. I may have to get rid of my storm if I can't resolve this. Love everything else about it.

Any advice is HIGHLY appreciated.

Mike
    Upgrade to .109
    02-27-09 12:33 PM
    It is an OS glitch. I've had it occur on EVERY OS loaded on my Storm with the exception of .65 and .75 (they had enough problems of their own). This and random reboots is my biggest gripe with all the OSs so far. .109 seems the most stable so far for me however.
    02-27-09 02:28 PM
    I have issues while talking on my storm - every call gets muted, flashed or hung up on. It seems to be over sensitive if it touches my cheek. Is there some sort of upgrade or lock feature that when you are talking this does not happen?

you can use talklock that Mike5 mentioned in his post.

TalkLock� (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry� Storm�
    03-03-09 09:57 PM
    That only happened on mine when I had .65 installed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 10:29 PM
    Hello guys. Is anyone able to find a solution for this problem yet. I have 9530 with OS
    5.0.0.328 loaded. I still have this problem when the call duration crosses 15 minutes
    05-13-10 05:39 PM
    yea i have a storm also and i live in the new york area. i am having the same problem. my girlfriend has the same phone and we were in the same spot in my car i had a x in my service bar when she had full service. i have to get a new phone verizon told me just havent got a chance.
    05-13-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD