Hi,
    I was out on a boat the other day, and my storm got the tiniest, and i mean tiniest splash of water on it, in fact i wasn't even sure if it got wet until i noticed the touch screen is only half responsive. Sometimes it will work, but never perfectly. I can't type out a full text message or even dial a full number. I let the blackberry sit out for a day or so and hairdryed it, but testing it now and no luck still. is there anything else i can do? I have the insurance, and I'm sure the water damage indicator did not go off, isthere anyway I can just get a replacmeent phone for free? I know verizon charges 50 bucks for a new phone after the insurance
    07-11-09 08:02 PM
    Glad u hairdryed it! Now put in sealed bag of rice for a couple days.
    07-11-09 08:09 PM
    Alright, i just took a look at the water indicators and none went off, definitely didn't get enough water in it. If this doesn't work, will the manufacturers warranty cover this as a defect? And would I get a refurbished or brand new phone ? (been over 30 days, bene about two months probably since i bought it from vzw)
    07-11-09 08:15 PM
    Think rice'll work.
    07-11-09 08:31 PM
    Put it in a bag with bread. I feel it works better than rice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 08:36 PM
    Never heard of bread being used!?

BTW take battery out beforehand.
    07-11-09 08:39 PM
    I don't see how bread will work, if it's already moist.

This phone has had so many problems they might replace it as a defect (all of them are defective really) as long as the water marks haven't been affected.
    07-11-09 08:41 PM
    But you shouldn't have hairdried it. It can short the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 09:00 PM
    Rice should fix it. That remedy has been used on many, many phones. I'm not saying the bread suggestion is crazy, but my bread is always pretty moist.
    07-11-09 09:09 PM
    Lots used hair dryer w/no bad results.
    07-11-09 09:11 PM
    @penguin15793: Can't help but think it has something 2 do w/ur username. Oh and u'd get refurb likely w/no problem as phone wasn't water-logged, even if u tell the truth! U know white water indicator only visible w/battery out? It's not red sticker over screw.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 07-13-09 at 07:04 PM.
    07-11-09 09:31 PM
    @Penguin15793: Can't help but think it has something 2 do w/ur username. Oh and u'd get refurb likely w/no problem as phone wasn't water-logged, even if u tell the truth! U know white water indicator only visible w/battery out? It's not red sticker over screw.

Yeah, I can see it, plain white little box. Definitely wouldn't get a new phone though? It'd have to be a refurb?
    07-11-09 09:38 PM
    Refurb penguin. Go 2 store (instead of call/get via mail) 2 test phone's click & call quality. Rice is ur friend tho.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 07-13-09 at 07:15 PM.
    07-11-09 10:12 PM
    idk, left it in a sealed rice back for 48 hours, brought it out, didn'tw ork at first, went to verizon store, in the verizon store it started working perfectly, about 5 hours later stopped working again.

Should I keep ricing it? or just get a new phone?
    07-14-09 05:40 PM
    Go w/replacement!
    07-14-09 05:43 PM
    My Storm went to the bottom of the pool, pulled the battery out right away,
    pulledthe sd card and let dry several hours, tomake a long story short the phone did come back on and worked very well =-like new but the battery draind prety quick and once it completely draind and the phone cut off it would not charge. I tried several charging metheds (wall, usb and car).
    Nothing not even a red led the phone is totlely dead. Do you think its the charging port or is the battery gone. Do you know if you get a red led while on charger with bat. out?
    09-23-09 10:54 PM
    This happened to my phone. I took it to Verizon and told them the screen just started freaking out and they gave me a new phone. As long as the water indicator is okay there is no problem.

Hi,
    I was out on a boat the other day, and my storm got the tiniest, and i mean tiniest splash of water on it, in fact i wasn't even sure if it got wet until i noticed the touch screen is only half responsive. Sometimes it will work, but never perfectly. I can't type out a full text message or even dial a full number. I let the blackberry sit out for a day or so and hairdryed it, but testing it now and no luck still. is there anything else i can do? I have the insurance, and I'm sure the water damage indicator did not go off, isthere anyway I can just get a replacmeent phone for free? I know verizon charges 50 bucks for a new phone after the insurance
    09-23-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD